GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » [CLOSED] Wrong particle in FillList
Re: Wrong particle in FillList [message #15144 is a reply to message #15143] Thu, 08 August 2013 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi Soeren,

Quote:

We understand that now (with your email today) it seems you change the official recommendation (-> use trunk instead of release!), but please keep in mind that Simon must deliver his thesis in 4 weeks from you.

I am not changing the official recommendation, apr13 is still the suggested code. We have a list of bugs found after the creation of the release, and some of them are already fixed in the trunk. Maybe new bugs are also present in the trunk. I am just saying that this bug could be fixed. Could.

Quote:

2.) A release is a release. Bug fixing should be supported (to some level). It is only 3 1/2 months that the release is out. If support is stopped after such a short time, we can never finish any reasonable results.

The release is able to perform all the basic features, more or less. The McMatch could have problem, but there are other ways to do mc selections, i.e. using the MC index as done in the previous analyses and in the past.

Now we have two different analysis code. If Ralf or Klaus want to spend some time trying to debug the apr13 one, fine. But, again, the MC id can be performed in other ways before the bug is found.
I.e. you will fill a tcandlist with PionVeryLoose, you loop inside the tcandlist, retrieve the corresponding mc index, and create a new TCandList with only the particles you need.

Quote:

3) 4) 5)

Again, my proposal was to switch to the trunk to help Klaus and Ralf debugging, not to run analysis on the trunk. I believe the apr13 should be still fine for analysis. It depends on the features which are going to be used.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message