GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Errors in SttHi
Re: Errors in SttHi [message #14879 is a reply to message #14875] Wed, 19 June 2013 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Dear Tobias,
Quote:

The x,y,z coordinates given in the SttHit are the wire mid-position. The error given for them is 0.5 in x and y while in z it is 3 cm. In my opinion the error should be 1 / Sqrt(12) for x,y and tube length / Sqrt(12) for the z coordinate. Can you please check this?

As you said, the x, y, z position coordinates of the STTHit are the coordinates of the center of the tube, so they will be known quite precisely. For this reason, I think that d/sqrt(12) is a too large error, since this must not be the error on the hit position, but the error on the tube position.
We actually kept the old values (0.5, 0.5, 3) since this info is not used anywhere in the code. When reconstructing tracks in the STT you always rely on the isochrone error.
Do you need these errors for some study?

Quote:

When looking at the isochrones, these values are still given as a radius in cm with an error in cm. For the time-based simulations it is necessary to have a method to translate the stored time stamp (or time pulse) into a radius including error by giving the event time with error.

You are right. We must create a STTDigi (the output of the single straw simulation), separate the STTHit from the STTDigi and put the function you mentioned between the two.

I will do that asap. Is that very urgent for your tests?
Cheers,
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: About run time of new reco macro
Next Topic: Constant magnetic field instead Solenoid Field maps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:31:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01076 seconds