GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] FairWriteoutBuffer::FillNewData and object ownership (memory leak)
Re: FairWriteoutBuffer::FillNewData and object ownership (memory leak) [message #14403 is a reply to message #14402] Sat, 26 January 2013 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oliver Merle is currently offline  Oliver Merle
occasional visitor
Ok, let's see if I understand you correctly:

The policy is:
The class which derives from FairWriteoutBuffer has to do the housekeeping and is responsible for deleting the digits which are used by the underlying FairWriteoutBuffer implementation. It is guaranteed that a digit can be safely deallocated after it was written to the TClonesArray by AddNewDataToTClonesArray.

I guess this is correct? It would also make sense to me that the base class FairWriteoutBuffer itself deletes the digits - this caused my initial confusion. But your answer implies that the memleak is not considered to be a bug in FairWriteoutBuffer but in the derived class.

I'm happy either way - and because these things are not obvious it would be nice if someone adds a comment about this in FairWriteoutBuffer.h some day Wink

Thanks,
Oliver

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [FIXED] magnet geometry simulation problem
Next Topic: [WONTFIX] sep12 external package crash during installation on fedora 18
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:15:43 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00904 seconds