GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Retrieve parameters from all.par in simulation.
Retrieve parameters from all.par in simulation. [message #14187] Thu, 01 November 2012 18:21 Go to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Dear developers,
I need some help with the parameters writing/reading: I want to put some numbers connected to the geometry of the STT (e.g. the geometry version, the radius, the tubeID of some reference tubes...) in the ascii file macro/params/all.par and read them.
I need to know the geometry version directly in the simulation and so I need to read the parameters directly inside PndStt.

To this end I set up a parameter container, PndSttRecoPar, with (for the moment) only a test variable in it and I added it to the PndSttContFact.

These files are set up correctly and also the all.par since I could get value of the parameter set in the ascii file during the digitization stage, setting:
par = (PndSttRecoPar*) rtdb->getContainer("PndSttRecoPar");
par->setChanged();
par->setInputVersion( FairRun::Instance()->GetRunId(),1);
in the SetParContainers() function inside the hit producer task.

However, I cannot get the parameter during the simulation stage: I tried to do it by setting the previous lines inside PndStt, in the function Initialize(), but the parameter is not filled in the parameters.root file (PndSttRecoPar is there, but the parameters has not the correct value from the ascii file).
Is it possible to get the parameters written in all.par by means of the useul procedure (i.e. with the rtdb) in the simulation? If so, how?
Thank you in advance,
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: simulation of specific event number
Next Topic: Analysis for Material Radiation length
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:41:12 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01003 seconds