GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Geant4 not working with current fairbase (10/10/12) [SOLVED]
Re: Geant4 not working with current fairbase (10/10/12) [message #14096 is a reply to message #14091] Thu, 11 October 2012 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Raphael Cervantes is currently offline  Raphael Cervantes
continuous participant
Hi Florian,

I tried to updated my local copy

svn update
cd build
cmake ..
make

I then went to my rutherford directory and tried to run the rutherford example.

root run_rutherford.C

but I get the same segmentation fault. I pretty much get all the same errors outlined in my original post whether or not I copy g4libs.C into the directories fairroot thinks I should have them in.

I also tried changing the parameters of FairIonGenerator to be Z,A,Q = 3,6,3 and it still gave me the same segmentation fault. I even commented out both FairBoxGenerator and FairIonGenerator.

The macro works just fine with TGeant3.

Based on what I just told you, I am very convinced that fairroot doesn't know what Geant4 is. Did it work with your fairroot? If it worked on your fairroot and not mine, maybe it suggests that my fairroot is a little broken.

I'm going to try a couple more things out later today, but it looks like geant4 is, as of now, not working at all with fairroot, or at least mine.

Thank you for your help and reply. I really appreciate it.

-Raphael

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: fairbase does not compiile properly as is (10-5-12) [SOLVED]
Next Topic: abxolute scaling of the geometry files[SOLVED]?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:08:20 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01062 seconds