GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Detector response analysis
Detector response analysis [message #13511] Wed, 23 May 2012 01:07 Go to previous message
Raghav Kunnawalkam is currently offline  Raghav Kunnawalkam
continuous participant
Hi All

I have been trying to analyze the detector response of my EIC for di lepton processes, but for that i have to have a radiation length scan first.

I created my simulation properly with geantinos and tried to capture the radiation length using a macro with help from Ralf in panda. https://subversion.gsi.de/trac/fairroot/browser/pandaroot/trunk/macro/mv d/Ralf/materialana.C as suggested to my by Mohammad.

I am trying to get it to work with my output root file but i am having a lot of difficulties in understanding what i am trying to do.

Maybe this is very basic but i would like to know if the format for output created in panda is the same for the examples you have in fairroot? Cause i built my detector based on the examples.
I am asking this because i am not able to run any of the code in panda due to lack of config files or data missing.

Next, i am not getting what does the push_back mean. In most of the analysis macros i am seeing it. (line 78 of the panda macro)

So i am kinda stuck here and i have attached my output file that i want to analyze and also the macro that i am trying to use. (it is mostly a mixture of things that i saw from elsewhere and thought that i needed it). right now i am getting an error with my definition of TGeoManager. in line 133 of rad_length.C.

Any help, even the slightest would be massively appreciated.
Thanks a lot guys
Raghav

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: PROOF in FairRoot
Next Topic: New Update causing problems and Output Data analysis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:17:30 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01110 seconds