GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » another crash due to problem at z = -150
Re: another crash due to problem at z = -150 [message #13458 is a reply to message #13457] Wed, 09 May 2012 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Albrecht Gillitzer is currently offline  Albrecht Gillitzer
continuous participant
Dear Maria,

I think the crash happens if a (primary or secondary) particle hits the specified volume element (x = 21.1, y = 48.9, z = -150.0). I can only give you the conditions with which I got the crash:

PandaRoot Revision: 15458
Reaction: 4.0 GeV/c pbar + d --> p phi pi-
start random seed: 29
--> crash at event 779

I attach the decay file and the simulation macro below. I think together with the revision number this is the best you can do to try to reproduce the crash.

Just run
root -b -q "run_sim_stt_evt.C(nEvents,29)"
with nEvents > 779.

However, I don't know whether on your computer you get exactly the same random numbers as I get. If not, you won't hit this volume element.

By the way, I got a similar crash with rev = 15051, start random seed = 17 at event 649 at x = 18.4, y = -71.5, z = -150.0, see my posted message of April 16. That's why I thought that we have a specific geometry problem at z = -150.0.

Maybe there is a faster way to test this by directly creating a particle which hits these volume elements but I don't know how to do this easily.

If you get something, please let me know.

Best regards,
Albrecht

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message