GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » PROOF in FairRoot
Re: PROOF in FairRoot [message #13287 is a reply to message #13281] Tue, 03 April 2012 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Radoslaw Karabowicz is currently offline  Radoslaw Karabowicz
continuous participant
Dear Stefano,

Sorry for late answer.

The first problem is already solved in the current trunk. The problem was connected with your calling of fRun->Run(0,nEvents) in the macro, where nEvents = 0, which resulted in:

FairRunAna::RunOnProof(): The chain seems to have 100 entries.
FairRunAna::RunOnProof(): There are 1 files in the chain.
FairRunAna::RunOnProof(): Starting inChain->Process("FairAnaSelector","",0,0)

I have fixed it to take the whole chain if the user does not specify number of events to analyze.

The second problem: I guess the code crashes because of problems in MVD/SDS. The thing is I did not fix the classes. I will commit the changes I have implemented there in order to make it running. Sorry for that.

The last question:

"Trying to use different tasks I had several errors, which I have solved simply putting //! for the private objects of the tasks, which however should not be streamed.
But reading your comment on the site I have not well understood if this is safe or no. And if it is not, how to fix it properly?"

I also do it sometimes. There may be only one problem: assume you have some steering variable in your task, like fVerbose. You normally set it in the macro either with a setter or in a dedicated constructor. You would like to have this fVerbose also set in your tasks running on PROOF with the value you specify in the macro. But if you use //!, this value will not be streamed and the default value from the default constructor will be taken. Now fVerbose is not very crucial for running of the tasks but for example in my PndBarrelTrackFinder I have members to choose which detectors to use to search for tracks. I set them in macro and it is very important to pass this information to the tasks on the PROOF nodes. Because of that I cannot just do //! on these members.

yours
radek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message