GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Crash in DIRC with G4
Re: Crash in DIRC with G4 [message #13268 is a reply to message #13266] Wed, 28 March 2012 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oliver Merle is currently offline  Oliver Merle
occasional visitor
Thanks Mohammad,

Mohammad Al-Turany wrote on Wed, 28 March 2012 16:40

This is very easy to test, in the g4Config.C set the option: geomRootToGeant4
This works with the same DIRC geometry and the (according to your comments) crappy code in FairModule,

I thought I had tested this with native navigation, but it seems I switched to G4 after the update of FairModule. Silly me. Anyhow, even if it doesn't crash with G4 native navigation, the material of v1 is not guaranteed to be equal to the one defined in the media file because it was not obtained via your factory.

The "crappy" code works, it just has to be called for v1, too. Fixing this is no big deal, so I don't care about any credit. I guess it wouldn't hurt to use the Logger instead of std::out, too. (BTW: I was a bit pissed when I fixed the issue Wink )

Quote:

About the documentation I cannot promise to document every single line in the code, but we will try our best!

It is NOT about commenting a line of code. I can read C++. It is about commenting how the algorithms are intended to work, why things are implemented that way and how things are intended to be used.

Regards,
Oliver

Read Message icon8.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: problem with DIRC geometry (TGeant3) ?
Next Topic: fatal error in Event generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:37:09 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01174 seconds