GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Kaon lists from PndEventReader::FillList are empty
Re: Kaon lists from PndEventReader::FillList are empty [message #13020 is a reply to message #13019] Thu, 02 February 2012 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Dear Albrecht,
first of all the new particle identification framework is developed and tested inside PndAnalysis, which is currently maintained by Ralf and was used for the MVD TDR. We know that PndEventReader is a bit obsolete but the last tutorial was using it; at present nobody is maintaining PndEventReader. This is the reason why we asked to move to PndAnalysis.

The macros used for the tracking TDr are working with the nov11 release, never tried with the trunk. The selection with "KaonVeryLoose" was never official, indeed neither my macros neither Elisa's neither Dima's are using it. "Charged" and TPidPlusSelector were the proper selections, and after you had to set the mass manually...at least this is what I was able to test. I was quite surprised to find that Marius analysis has the xxxVeryLoose selection, which I have never tried.

We have the problem to maintain PndEventReader, and test the new code and pid also there. It would be nice if maybe somebody for your group could take such responsibility if you think it is worth still to use it... but meanwhile to find what is going wrong could take some time. I don't know if Ralf has the time to check what needs to be changed in the PndEventReader.

I have tried my macro using PndEventreader with "Charged" as selection, and it is properly filled. If I use "KaonVeryLoose", then it is not filled. Why are you using such "kaon" selection, considering that there is no realistic pid probability for reconstructed data? Probably charged would do the job in the same way, and it seems to run (at least in my case).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bug in PndPidEmcBayesAssociatorTask?
Next Topic: problems with last r14811
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:43:22 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01174 seconds