GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Some results on the Lambda-Lambdabar channel
Re: Some results on the Lambda-Lambdabar channel [message #12578 is a reply to message #12572] Fri, 26 August 2011 03:40 Go to previous message
Sverre Dørheim is currently offline  Sverre Dørheim
occasional visitor
Hello Donghee

I did all my studies manually based on the GFTracks, which are the object which come out after the track-fits.

I loop over all tracks and based on the PDG-ID from the associated MC-track I make the lists of protons(2212), pi- ...

The reco-part run on the grid where run with some wrong setting. There was a cut on track to have at least 1 hit in the MVD which for particles to a large part decaying in the TPC is just plain wrong. Another thing was a setting for the PR to do an extra step to merge curling tracks. This is important because a lot of the pions will curl in and out of the central tracker several times.

For the POCA approach I used a standalone package which is a part of genfit, it is called GFTrackProximity, and is only a very simple newtonian search stepping along the track. This was just an alternative since I had some problems with the vertex fitter.

I hope this answers your questions
best regards from Tokyo
Sverre

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Event Mixing with TPC
Next Topic: pi+pi- analysis with event mixing