GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Hades » Pluto » [done] Changing t distribution slopes
Re: Changing t distribution slopes [message #12469 is a reply to message #12468] Fri, 05 August 2011 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ingo Froehlich is currently offline  Ingo Froehlich
first-grade participant
Dear Michael,

OK now I understand. A dependence of the polar angle on ds/dt has been used for the Delta production. But also here, we sample the polar angle. A direct sampling of more hidden values, like t, is difficult, because these distributions are non-flat, which needs some thinking, otherwise I produce only artifacts.

Such samplings have been, however, also requested by other people (in this case a rapidity distribution). My idea would be that one should be able to add a user-defined distribution for self-defined variables, and this changes then the direct observables, like angles and masses. I think this goes in the same direction.

But this is not yet implemented, and some idea for the next version. I will keep you informed.

What is possible of course right now is to add a calculation of the polar angle, if you have a relation between ds/dtheta <-> ds/dt

Greetings, Ingo

--
Ingo Froehlich
IKF - University of Frankfurt
069-798-47027, FAX: -47024

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: On the way to Pluto 5.38
Next Topic: Dalitz Decays of higher resonances.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:52:51 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01121 seconds