GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » UPDATE: TPC MVD and GEM correlators
Re: UPDATE: TPC MVD and GEM correlators [message #12092 is a reply to message #12061] Mon, 20 June 2011 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dima Melnychuk is currently offline  Dima Melnychuk
first-grade participant
Dear colleagues,

I want to summarize briefly the status of GFTrack to PndTrack conversion.
My last attempt was to perform converion from GFTrack to PndTrack using PndGFTrackToPndTrackConvertorTask in separate macro. And as I have written in my previous post it ended with error:

#5  0x00007f3c8379730f in FairGeanePro::PropagateFromPlane (
    this=0x100000000000000, v1=
0x7fff8ab90990, v2=
0x7fff8ab90960)
    at /d/panda02/dmelnych/pandaroot/pandaroot/geane/FairGeanePro.cxx:384

Origin of this error was that GeaneTrackRep contained non persistent data member FairGeanePro *_geane and reading GFtrack from root file it was udefined, but in turns was used during conversion in PndGenfitAdapters.cxx .
So the conclusion is that conversion should be performed in the same macro as reconstruction.

But here another problem arrise. My initial idea was that it's in some way memory problem, but it looks it's not the case. I observed that crush happend in the moment when the memory still not full.

So it looks like:

GFException thrown with excString:
GEANE propagation failed
in line: 204 in file: /d/panda02/dmelnych/pandaroot/pandaroot/GenfitTools/trackrep/GeaneTrackRep/GeaneTrackRep.cxx
with fatal flag 0
GeaneTrackRep: PROTECT AGAINST LOW MOMENTA
in line: 178 in file: /d/panda02/dmelnych/pandaroot/pandaroot/GenfitTools/trackrep/GeaneTrackRep/GeaneTrackRep.cxx
with fatal flag 0
RKTrackRep::RKutta ==> Too long extrapolation requested : 14096.1 cm !
X = 39.098 Y = 9.89889 Z = 117.621  COSx = -0.958658  COSy = -0.284551  COSz = 0.00246591
Destination  X = -0.000
RKTrackRep::Extrap ==> Runge Kutta propagation failed
in line: 997 in file: /d/panda02/dmelnych/pandaroot/pandaroot/GenfitTools/trackrep/RKTrackRep/RKTrackRep.cxx
with fatal flag 0
Fitting done
Error: Symbol #include is not defined in current scope  run_reco_tpc_evt.C:145:
Error: Symbol exception is not defined in current scope  run_reco_tpc_evt.C:145:
Syntax Error: #include <exception> run_reco_tpc_evt.C:145:
Error: Symbol G__exception is not defined in current scope  run_reco_tpc_evt.C:145:
Error: type G__exception not defined FILE:/d/panda02/dmelnych/pandaroot/pandaroot/macro/run/tdrct/eta_c/./run_reco_tpc_evt.C LINE:145
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

My observation is that in the cases I observed, the crash is after the message:

RKTrackRep::RKutta ==> Too long extrapolation requested

This crash happen not every event but sufficiently often (after 3-5 events) that conversion cannot be reasonably performed.

Dima

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: TPC RECO fixed
Next Topic: Possible Programming Error(build fails)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:28:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00991 seconds