GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Meetings » Pandaroot meeting, 14 June, 14:00
Re: minutes [message #12008 is a reply to message #12005] Wed, 15 June 2011 12:02 Go to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Dear Bernhard

Quote:

Felix reported another issue with the GEANE track follower, which still crashes sometimes in case of the TPC. I wonder whether the STT people use GEANE or RKTrackRep.

For the STT we are using GEANE.

We are not experiencing any crash in GEANE now with the STT: I had one last week, but after an update of the code it disappeared so it probably had an origin different from GEANE itself.

I was contacted by Felix sometimes ago concerning this crash for the TPC but he could not provide me the backtrace of the crash in that occasion. I need this information to have an idea where to look in the code. Since I did not hear anything from him later I thought that the crash was solved for him too.

Unfortunately the time is really short, but if Felix provides me some more information about the crash maybe I can help...
A thing I can suggest from now is to check the input values of momentum and position in the crash occasion, since if they are not reasonable for any cause they could lead GEANE to a wrong behaviour and to a crash.

Best regards,
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: request for contributions for the computing session for the Protvino meeting
Next Topic: pandaroot meeting, Wednesday 29 June, 14:00
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 01:11:34 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01064 seconds