GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask
Re: Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask [message #11380 is a reply to message #11378] Tue, 21 December 2010 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Felix Boehmer wrote on Tue, 21 December 2010 16:42

Hi again,

I started out with the simulations of many thousand BoxGen Events (each multiplicity = 5).

Could you please tell exactly which macros are you running? I want to test your sample. I have seen that for some reason it is easier to get the error with DPM than by using particle gun. Have you tried to run also dpm?
And, are you using jan10 external packages or the trunk version?

Quote:

[*] Memory load *slowly* grows step-wise, compatible with the fact that the TClonesArrays in memory will always have the size given by the largest event... saturating at roughly 500 MB

If I have understood well, if we use XXXArray->Delete() (as we are doing in all the tasks now) the size of the TCA should restart from zero each event, and should not take the one from the largest event. I ask for confirmation (this is the reason why all the "Clear" were taken out).

Quote:

This is strange behavior indeed. The fact that the memory load *drops* again after some time after the bad event proves that the memory consumption can not be caused by objects that live in the TClonesArrays, since that size would never decrease again.

I supposed this was connected to the Delete, but I am not so sure.

Quote:

Also it can't be temporary events of one event, since they would have to disappear before the next event is processed, which is not what I see. The current guess is that the caching of the out-TTree is causing this...

Could be also, considering that the "faulty" part is connected to reading/writing the tree.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Out of memory problem in EmcPoint - FairLink ?
Next Topic: problem with DpmEvtGen library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:50:59 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02152 seconds