GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask
Re: Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask [message #11378 is a reply to message #11362] Tue, 21 December 2010 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Felix Boehmer is currently offline  Felix Boehmer
first-grade participant

Hi again,

I started out with the simulations of many thousand BoxGen Events (each multiplicity = 5).
My first observations are:

• I don't seem to be able to reproduce the crash
  • I see strange memory consumption behavior

Memory consumption is noteworthy:

• Memory load *slowly* grows step-wise, compatible with the fact that the TClonesArrays in memory will always have the size given by the largest event... saturating at roughly 500 MB
  • Memory load on these "plateaus" is stable -> no big memory leaks
  • There *are* bad events that blow up memory load so much my system begins to swap
  • The load stays high for many events, then falls back to a reasonable baseline

This is strange behavior indeed. The fact that the memory load *drops* again after some time after the bad event proves that the memory consumption can not be caused by objects that live in the TClonesArrays, since that size would never decrease again. Also it can't be temporary events of one event, since they would have to disappear before the next event is processed, which is not what I see. The current guess is that the caching of the out-TTree is causing this...

I'll look into the TPC container classes as well as the FairLinks mechanism. There will probably be some redesigning. This is going to take a while.
Meanwhile I would appreciate any input from other users that extends "there is something wrong with the TPC classes and the FairLinks" Smile

Cheers

Felix

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Out of memory problem in EmcPoint - FairLink ?
Next Topic: problem with DpmEvtGen library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:40:03 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01069 seconds