GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask
Re: Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask [message #11373 is a reply to message #11369] Tue, 21 December 2010 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Felix Boehmer wrote on Tue, 21 December 2010 11:53

Dear Stefano,

we have simulated many thousand DPM events just before the last meeting at GSI during testing of the pattern recognition, although I cannot provide you with the exact number. I will build a new clean trunk and test it again.

This would be nice.

Quote:

Please be a little more exact about this, and elaborate why you suspect this. For me the behavior you describe is really only compatible with the assumption that we run into memory overload because we a) have rare events where very large numbers of objects would be created, or b) we have a permanent memory leak somewhere, most likely caused by a faulty destructor.

I would opt for option b), considering tht if you run exactly the messy event you do not get the error. Then I would think it is due to the integral of all the previous events -> memory slowly increasing and producing a mess somewhere.

Quote:

I have never seen this error on my system - maybe because I use a 64 bit machine, I don't know.

I have investigated both 32bit and 64bit (i.e. lenny64) architectures, finding the same crash in both of them. I don't know which machines Ralf or Tobias were using.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Out of memory problem in EmcPoint - FairLink ?
Next Topic: problem with DpmEvtGen library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:40:57 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01446 seconds