GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask
Re: Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask [message #11366 is a reply to message #11365] Mon, 20 December 2010 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Felix Boehmer wrote on Mon, 20 December 2010 19:17

Dear Stefano,

let's try to be a little more constructive. The "Symbol___G exception" hints towards an uncaught system signal, most likely a bad alloc. Memory load seems to be the most likely reason for these crashes.

The error comes from FairRootmanager, when trying to read (ReadEvent) or filling (ForceFill)a Tree. It is the TTree command the one who gives the exception which is not caught. This means that the data saved in the tree, or which are going to be saved, are somehow corrupted. Discussing with Mohammad, a missing empty constructor/destructor or some not initialized data member could bethe cause, but a I was not able to find such a case in a glance. Maybe there is something else.

But let me repeat the question: have you tried and succeed running 10k dpm events?
As far as I know this problem appears in Torino, at GSI and also in Bonn.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Out of memory problem in EmcPoint - FairLink ?
Next Topic: problem with DpmEvtGen library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:47:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01098 seconds