GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Updates in PndTrack - PndTrackCand
Re: Updates in PndTrack - PndTrackCand [message #11240 is a reply to message #11239] Sun, 28 November 2010 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Neubert wrote on Sun, 28 November 2010 13:23

There are still seed values for the momentum and position in the PndTrackCand ... right?

At present yes,
Christian has added them on 20/07/2009 regardless the original design, but I don't know for which reason.
They will be removed in a short time, because useless for our design.

Quote:

The PndTracks are filled with content in a common TrackFitting task... right?

Not exactly. PndTracks are filled by several track finding tasks which should also give prefit parameters (i.e. from helix assumption).

Quote:

Is there a an agreed Track Merging strategy, yet? In that case I suppose there should be a mechanism to join several PndTrackCands. As far as I can tell this is not there ... right?

There is a track merging strategy, but at present there is no code doing it for all the detectors because each track finding/fitting is giving different track/candidate objects, even if the object design was fixed three years ago. This is what we are trying to solve.

Quote:

Anyhow. My current picture is this: The pattern reco (for each subsystem) will spit out a PndTrackCand array plus an PndTrack array. The Tracks will be linked too the cands but they will not contain fitted parameters yet.

This I have not understood.
Your finding must give also the prefit values, and put these values in the PndTrack (if not you cannot extrapolate and merge to different detectors)

Hoping it helps a bit...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Lhe Tracking: Kalman Task with STT, worse results
Next Topic: Template for association track from PR to MC track
Goto Forum: