GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Problem with CharmoniumTutorial and Geant4
Re: Problem with CharmoniumTutorial and Geant4 [message #11170 is a reply to message #11167] Fri, 05 November 2010 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jens Sören Lange is currently offline  Jens Sören Lange
first-grade participant
Hi Tobias, I should say that the tutorial was never really working with Geant4. It means: even if we find what the crash in the event generation causes, there will be problems later in the chain.
In particular, (a) we never understood the strange E/p for pions (only in G4) in the pid step, and we had crashes for (b) dpm and G4 and (c) PHOTOS and G4. It is even posted in the forum in the "bugs, fixes, and releases". The interesting observation is: if these crashes ((b) or (c)) appear, you just run the macro again, and suddenly it is fine (in other words, the crash seems to be depending on some random seed in G4).

Anyway, maybe now is a good starting point to find out. I have the feeeling that it could have something to do with the changes in the MC stack. I remember we discussed on some meetings to put in the EvtGen primary particles (30443 is the psi', I think) - even though they are already decayed, when the Geant starts - for the later MC truth matching (-> to check, if my reconstructed psi' was really a generated psi'). So they must be on the stack, but must be ignored by Geant. The idea was to flag them, so that they are not transported. Let's try to find out.

Soeren

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Barrel DIRC simulation in GEANT3 and GEANT4 became slow!
Next Topic: TRAC ticketing system
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:10:54 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00995 seconds