GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » TPC digitization blocks everything for too many cluster events
Re: TPC digitization blocks everything for too many cluster events [message #10786 is a reply to message #10783] Wed, 09 June 2010 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sebastian Neubert is currently offline  Sebastian Neubert
first-grade participant

Dear colleagues,

there have been a few modifications in the ElectronicsTask (or more correctly in the components it uses) that have been introduced while we were studying the real data from our test-chamber. If the problem has appeared after these modifications then one should look into the PulseShapeAnalysis or the ClusterFinder.

Obviously there are several options to circumvent the problem but I would strongly suggest to cut out "bad" events (with a lot of primary clusters from a spiraling particle) since in fact they will be reconstructable most of the time. So this is only an option if you need a fast simulation and do not plan to study any efficiencies!

I will look into the digitization if I find a bug there but it might take some time. In the meantime it would be helpful if you could turn on all digitization output for the tpc (SetPersistence for all tasks, plus SetSamplePersistence for the ElectronicsTask) and plot the Signal amplitudes, Sample amplitudes and Digi amplitudes (A few events are enough) Maybe we can tune some cuts there.

Cheers! Sebastian.

Sebastian Neubert
Technische Universität München
Department Physik E18
sneubert@e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
tel: +49-8928912592

[Updated on: Wed, 09 June 2010 08:03]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon8.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message