GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » EMC » update of PndEmcHitProducer for nonuniform lightoutput  () 1 Vote
update of PndEmcHitProducer for nonuniform lightoutput [message #10762] Wed, 02 June 2010 19:10 Go to previous message
Christian Hammann is currently offline  Christian Hammann
continuous participant

Hi

I added some code to the PndEmcHitProducer to allow for a nonuniform (z-dependent) lightoutput of the crystals.

If switched on the HitProducer will calculate the z position of an EmcPoint inside the crystal and will weight the energy according to the dependence of the lightoutput.

You can switch this mechanism on by setting Use_nonuniformity in PndEmcDigiPar to 1.
The parameters for the lightoutput are stored in PndEmcDigiNonuniformityPar, which is initialized from input/EmcDigiNoniformityPars.root. It currently contains parameters for all barrel type crystal, from meassurements done at Stockholm as presented at the march 09 collaboration meeting. The fw and bw endcap are not included at the moment, as I didn't have data for them at hand.

If you encounter problems or have questions, please let me know.

Regards
Christian

P.S.: I don't have write permission for the input directory, so could someone commit the attached EmcDigiNoniformityPars.root file for me?

Christian Hammann
Universität Bonn
Helmholz-Institut für Strahlen und Kernphysik
Nußallee 14-16
53115 Bonn
Tel: +49 228 733895
Fax: +49 228 732505

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Another update of EMC digitizaton (VPT readout option)
Next Topic: Geometry for tiles in front of EMC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 01:44:52 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01045 seconds