GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » PndLhePidTrack
Re: PndLhePidTrack [message #10535 is a reply to message #10488] Thu, 15 April 2010 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
donghee is currently offline  donghee
first-grade participant
Dear Stepano,

I have made small test with the electron in the 90 < theta < 100 (degree) range and 0.5 GeV to 1.5 GeV momentum.
PndPidCorrelator have been used and compared with generated one.

Different interaction region z=0 and z=5cm are tested and the results looks reasonable.
If interaction point is moved to z=5cm, 92-94 degree could not recontructed well, becuase of positioning of taget pipe and absent of barrel layer of MVD.

But I do not understand clearly on the general concept of tracking procedure with shifted interaction region.
As far as I understand, hits of every detectors are only important for the tracking.
If final vector components are pointed back to vertex position and the tracking is surely correct, then origin of tracks can correctly find, even though real vertex postion is moved to few cm. So, in some sense the tracking is independent from vertexing.

Is this statement also valid in LHEtracking task?
or do I have to consider some assumption of vertex position to z(0,0,0) in the tracking, specially in LHE?

Thanks,
Donghee

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message