GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » plane id in track candidate
Re: plane id in track candidate [message #10290 is a reply to message #10280] Wed, 24 February 2010 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi,
sorry, maybe the discussion has already moved to a different topic (I just read quickly the last messages), and this remark is not usefull anymore, but let me just specify a thing on the tubeID of the STT.
Quote:

BTW, I just talked to Gianluigi about the STT, and for STT I would record information about the planeID (defined as the straw layer number, starting from the closest to the beam pipe, looking at the STT picture provided by Gianluigi, there are 28 layers at most, and so 5 bits is just enough), sectorID (which is simply the sextant number, 3 bits), strawID (id of the straw in a layer 6 bits).
So a MC point in STT:
fDetectorId = kMCPoint << 27 | kSTT << 22 | layerID << 17 | sectorID << 14 | strawID << 8;
I hope it satisfies STT:)

I am implementing a map of the tubes (I don' t remember if I already told about this, but it is one of the workpackages) and in it I assigned the tubeID with the same numbering scheme of the stt geo files: each tube has a different number, from 0 to about 5000.

I would really prefer (if possible) to keep this numbering scheme and use only the strawID (or tubeID), so 13 bits, unless there is some particular reason to change it, because in this way the macro for tube positioning and the geo files will all have the same numbering scheme.

Thank you,
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Momentum resolution and reconstruction efficiency of LHE tracking
Next Topic: [FIXED] Geane for luminosity monitor: TGeant3 not initialized
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:51:44 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01026 seconds