GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » plane id in track candidate
Re: plane id in track candidate [message #10274 is a reply to message #10262] Tue, 23 February 2010 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Radoslaw Karabowicz is currently offline  Radoslaw Karabowicz
continuous participant
Hi,

I would like to focus in this post on the detectorID issue, as it is so close to the discussion I started ~2 weeks ago about the fDetectorType.

Assuming that we will all agree that we need a fast information on the plane id then the fDetectorId member of the FairHit class is the most intuitive place to get this information from. We could reserve there several bits for detector id, plane id, straw tube id for STT/DCH, side and strip number for GEM digi, and so on.

In order to have also information about the data type, the last 4 bits could be reserved for it. This could be set to either MC track, MC point, digi, cluster, hit, local track, global track or whatever you like. Of course, when the fDetectorId for track is created, then plane or even detectorId are useless, but the spared bits could be used for something else.

To summarize, we would have a 32 bit int, which could be divided into:
5 bits for the detectorId (31 possibilities, excluding 0, should be enough, 14 defined in PndDetectorList)
5 bits for the planeId (any detector needs more?)
18 bits for any detector specific stuff
4 bits for the data type (MC track, MC point, digi, cluster, hit, local track, global track or track candidate, track)

I would not like to introduce another integer into existing data structure. I think we should try to use what is already available.

yours,
radek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Momentum resolution and reconstruction efficiency of LHE tracking
Next Topic: [FIXED] Geane for luminosity monitor: TGeant3 not initialized
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:18:49 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01464 seconds