GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » plane id in track candidate
Re: plane id in track candidate [message #10270 is a reply to message #10254] Tue, 23 February 2010 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Gianluigi Boca is currently offline  Gianluigi Boca
first-grade participant
Hi all,
I believe that having also the subdetector plane, and/or , more generally, the info on what piece of the detector fired (e.g. MVD pixel or strip number; for the STT : tube number; for the TPC : the cell number if any; and so on) is very useful at fitting time.

I never investigated wether it is possible to have it easily based on the info stored in PndTrackCand.

If it is not (as Christian suggests) I believe we should provide one, either by using part of the Detector ID integer or with some other variable.

(By the way, also the STT can have that problem i principle. In fact it happens sometimes (in MC at least) that there are two hits in the same straw. Depending on the STT electronics that will be used, we could distinguish the two hits).

I also STRONGLY suggest that the Munich people please sooner or later add to GENFIT the capability of excluding outlier hits. In other words, the Kalman filter should have the functionality of eliminating a hit when it is too far away from the extrapolated track.

I understand their manpower problems.
However I think that should be put at the top of their priority list.

Cheers Gianluigi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Momentum resolution and reconstruction efficiency of LHE tracking
Next Topic: [FIXED] Geane for luminosity monitor: TGeant3 not initialized
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:34:08 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01061 seconds