GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Momentum resolution and reconstruction efficiency of LHE tracking
Re: Momentum resolution and reconstruction efficiency of LHE tracking [message #10172 is a reply to message #10169] Thu, 11 February 2010 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Stefano Spataro wrote on Thu, 11 February 2010 07:47

As I as writing before, lhe is based in 3D points -> XYZ.
In the case of SttHit this information is not available, and the helix fit transforms straw hits into point of closest approach to the central wire, used by lhe for the finding.
Maybe one could write an "ideal" stt helix hit producer, which does not take the reconstructed PCA but the MC point -> points for the finder, hits for the fitter.
But I am not so sure if this is want we want/need.

I see. In any case we need to understand what the origin is of the loss in efficiency. I understand that most probable it is related to the (x,y,z) reconstruction for the STT that troubles the helix fit. It would, nevertheless, be nice to confirm it in some way or the other. What about comparing directly with the track finding code of Gianluigi? That is available now and should be easy to do, right?

Greetings,

Johan.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Lhetrack is now "old stuff" ?
Next Topic: plane id in track candidate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:25:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00780 seconds