GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Momentum resolution and reconstruction efficiency of LHE tracking
Re: Momentum resolution and reconstruction efficiency of LHE tracking [message #10165 is a reply to message #10164] Wed, 10 February 2010 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Hi all,

I guess what is important to discuss here is to what level we can compare the pandaroot outcome to the results presented in the physics performance book. As far as I understood, the track efficiency in the physics performance book were obtained from a very idealized Monte Carlo pattern recognition which is significantly different than what is used in pandaroot. Although, I don't understand anymore what "Lhe ideal track finder" now really means?! Maybe Stefano can explain this in more detail. Well, the final aim is to get as close as possible to the idealized results presented in the physics performance report, but we are not there yet since reality is not that simple and requires some time-consuming investigations. Gianluigi is one of the key persons working on that and he achieved already promising improvements on this front. A few questions to David which would interest me:

1. could you compare the efficiencies before and after the Kalman fitting?
  2. ...and do a similar analysis with the TPC as replacement for the STT?

Best wishes and thanks in advance,

Johan.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Lhetrack is now "old stuff" ?
Next Topic: plane id in track candidate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:33:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01651 seconds