GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Global Problems
Re: Global Problems [message #10080 is a reply to message #10079] Wed, 03 February 2010 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Radoslaw Karabowicz is currently offline  Radoslaw Karabowicz
continuous participant
Quote:

Concerning the ordering parameter:
I do not agree with the worry that the ordering parameter should be similar in MC truth and real pattern reco. They are fundamentally different things. You proposed to use the time in event parameter. I do not know how it is defined exactly, but if it provides a measurement for when the hits were generated in MC, that is what we should use. Anyway, I think you have the best overview over this issue, and I would suggest to just follow what you think is best.

On contrary, MC truth and real track finders are very similar. I can imagine cases, when you need to mix both these methods. For example, if you want to write a track finder for detector A that would use tracks found in detector B as a seed. In that case one tests it with ideal tracking in A and real tracking in B. You have the mixture where the ordering parameter should be the same.

yours

radek

ps. I am almost ready with the ideal global merger;) should have it in SVN very soon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message