GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Simulation Issues » GLAD positioning (Having issues with the GLAD positioning inside the simulator)
GLAD positioning [message #21197] Tue, 13 June 2017 17:12 Go to previous message
lzanetti is currently offline  lzanetti
occasional visitor
Hi there,

Apparently, the initial rotation in "$R3BROOT_HOME/macros/r3b/geo/create_glad_geo.C", defined at lines 79 to 86, has either no effect or is discarded... or something.
This is creating, in my simulations, a GLAD magnet which is centered in the correct (?) place but not rotated properly.
I tried to change the angles around (at first, just to see what happens), to no effect.

I'm already on the latest version of "dev", commit: 8f11ca90ed374612082cf5358672e411e5dd0175.

Attached, there's a screenshot from eventDisplay.C, illustrating the problem. That's a 750MeV proton, generated at the target's position (0,0,0) and propagating. The red box is there simply to highlight the origin, it has no particular meaning.

So far, the solution is to simply avoid GLAD's bulk in the simulation and just use its field, but eventually we'll need to know the effect the magnet's having. How can we solve this?

Thanks for your time.
Cheers,
L.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Detector ID
Next Topic: Dynamic cast fails.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:35:39 CET 2024