GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Problem while analyzing a data with OS X which created with Linux Ubuntu based PandaRoot-dev version
Problem while analyzing a data with OS X which created with Linux Ubuntu based PandaRoot-dev version [message #25098] Fri, 04 September 2020 13:02 Go to next message
Umut Keskin is currently offline  Umut Keskin
occasional visitor
Hello,

I am just trying to run a root macro while using a ".._pid.root" and "".._par.root" data which were created with a linux ubuntu based server via "pandaroot-dev" version. That is, i am trying to run this macro on my PC, a Mac which runs "pandaroot-oct19" version and i get this error below. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Processing theAnalysis_1.C...
Error in <TFile::ReadKeys>: reading illegal key, exiting after 1 keys
Warning in <TStreamerInfo::BuildCheck>: 
   The StreamerInfo of class PndEvtGenDirect read from file signal_pp_Zc4430Minus_ee_nophot100000_1_par.root
   has the same version (=1) as the active class but a different checksum.
   You should update the version to ClassDef(PndEvtGenDirect,2).
   Do not try to write objects with the current class definition,
   the files will not be readable.

Warning in <TStreamerInfo::CompareContent>: One base class of the on-file layout version 1 and of the in memory layout version 1 for 'PndEvtGenDirect' is different: 'PndTargetGenerator' vs 'FairGenerator'
Warning in <TClass::Init>: no dictionary for class PndTargetGenerator is available
[WARN] FairRun::SetOutputFile() deprecated. Use FairRootFileSink.
[FATAL] No Branch list in input file

Re: Problem while analyzing a data with OS X which created with Linux Ubuntu based PandaRoot-dev version [message #25142 is a reply to message #25098] Thu, 01 October 2020 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Dear Umut,

First off, sorry for replying so late.

You are using an older PandaRoot version to read your files than you used for creation. This is not dramatic and will produce these warnings. If you just want to analyse the date they can be ignored safely. However the error you show is due to "No Branch list in input file". Please inspect your file with a root browser. I suspect there was no event written.

Cheers!
Ralf
Re: Problem while analyzing a data with OS X which created with Linux Ubuntu based PandaRoot-dev version [message #25173 is a reply to message #25142] Mon, 05 October 2020 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Umut Keskin is currently offline  Umut Keskin
occasional visitor
Hello again Ralf,

Of course there is branches and stuff were in that root file, because i can analyse the data from the server PC where the data is created. However, when i move that data to my PC which is a mac and which also runs a pandaroot-developer version (same as server PC), i got that error. Also, for different PC, the data was able to read, but it is not readable with my own PC. Should i reinstall all PANDA software from beginning? I only re-installed the pandaroot-developer version and that is not worked for that situation.

Best regards,
Umut.
Re: Problem while analyzing a data with OS X which created with Linux Ubuntu based PandaRoot-dev version [message #25212 is a reply to message #25173] Wed, 14 October 2020 19:49 Go to previous message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Dear Umut,

The only thing I see is the class version number of PndEvtGenDirect. I created a merge request, but until that is merged to dev, you can try it by yourself:
Change the last line in pgenerators/EvtGen/EvtGenDirect/PndEvtGenDirect.h to
ClassDef(PndEvtGenDirect, 2);

I hope that helps.
Cheers!
Ralf
Previous Topic: Pions decays in detector
Next Topic: PandaRoot Oct19 failed to install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:54:15 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00908 seconds