GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Installation and Compilation » Error in creating R3BRoot Docker container
Error in creating R3BRoot Docker container [message #24978] Wed, 10 June 2020 18:38 Go to next message
Maisam.M.Dadkan is currently offline  Maisam.M.Dadkan
occasional visitor
Hi,

I am trying to build a docker container for R3BRoot using the existing Fairroot image. In the second part of installing ucesb I got the following error:

> git clone $USER@lx-pool.gsi.de:/u/johansso/upexps.git

Cloning into 'upexps'...
usage: ssh [-1246AaCfGgKkMNnqsTtVvXxYy] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec]
[-D [bind_address:]port] [-E log_file] [-e escape_char]
[-F configfile] [-I pkcs11] [-i identity_file]
[-J [user@]host[:port]] [-L address] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec]
[-O ctl_cmd] [-o option] [-p port] [-Q query_option] [-R address]
[-S ctl_path] [-W host:port] [-w local_tun[:remote_tun]]
[user@]hostname [command]
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

Could anyone help me to solve this issue?
Also, is there a Docker image of R3Broot? I could not find anything in DockerHub.

Best regards,
Maisam

M.M.Dadkan
Re: Error in creating R3BRoot Docker container [message #24984 is a reply to message #24978] Thu, 11 June 2020 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmytro Kresan is currently offline  Dmytro Kresan
first-grade participant
Hi,

Do you have an account on GSI Linux? If not, the clone is not possible.

We do not have an R3BRoot docker container.

Best regards,
Dima
Re: Error in creating R3BRoot Docker container [message #24987 is a reply to message #24984] Thu, 11 June 2020 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
Thank you Dima,

I have not GSI Linux account at the moment and I am not working at GSI.
I am trying to build a Docker image of R3BRoot including the DNN algorithm of NeuLand to use in Jupyter notebook.
I am not sure the installation of ucesb is mandatory for that or not. Do you have any idea or refer me to someone
might help me with this?

Greets,

M.M.Dadkan
Re: Error in creating R3BRoot Docker container [message #24989 is a reply to message #24987] Fri, 12 June 2020 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Mayer is currently offline  Jan Mayer
occasional visitor
Hello,

upexps contains listmode unpackers for individual experiments. You can skip it for the moment until you need to analyze experiments from raw data.

Additional notes:
If you want to use ROOT in Python, including Jupyter Notebooks/Lab, you'll need to make sure a modern Python version is installed and that FairSoft is building ROOT against that Python.
As the releases of FairSoft as well as the master branch are quite a bit behind on updating ROOT, I've found it necessary to modify tools/rootconfig.sh

if [ "$build_python" = "yes" ];
    then
-      PYTHONBUILD="-Dpython=ON"
+      PYTHONBUILD="-Dpython=ON -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR=/home/jmayer/.pyenv/versions/3.7.6/include/python3.7m -DPYTHON_LIBRARY=/home/jmayer/.pyenv/versions/3.7.6/lib/libpython3.7m.so -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/home/jmayer/.pyenv/versions/3.7.6/bin/python"
    else
       PYTHONBUILD="-Dpython=OFF"
    fi

and disable g4py in configure.sh, as it didn't build for me. Newer versions of ROOT integrate better with both Python and Jupyter.

I have a few Jupyter Lab projects using ROOT/FairRoot/R3BRoot in Python, e.g., https://github.com/janmayer/NeuLAND-132Sn and https://github.com/janmayer/NeuLAND-reconstruction-ml - I hope this is helpful.

Jan
Re: Error in creating R3BRoot Docker container [message #24991 is a reply to message #24989] Mon, 15 June 2020 13:40 Go to previous message
occasional visitor
Dear Jan,

Thank you so much for the instruction and the Python version compatibility issue with ROOT which I did not know before.

Best Regards,
Maisam

M.M.Dadkan
Previous Topic: error during installation: protocol https not supported
Next Topic: FairSoft Installation Mac OS 11.6.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:32:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00830 seconds