GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Add two similar files as friends in the simulation
Add two similar files as friends in the simulation [message #24802] Thu, 16 April 2020 11:20 Go to next message
Viktor Rodin is currently offline  Viktor Rodin
occasional visitor
I am working in PandaRoot and, for my simulation, I need to add two simfiles as friends to the TChain. Apparently, because of the TBranchlist similarity, one file is ignored. I see that when I call EmcHit objects for each event and number of entries corresponds only one of these added files. How can I make both files visible in the simulation?
Re: Add two similar files as friends in the simulation [message #24806 is a reply to message #24802] Thu, 16 April 2020 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear Victor,

could you explain a bit more, why you want to do that? I am not 100% sure but I think it is not possible to have two sim files as friends from each other and I can imagine many cases where you would get strange results even if it would work.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: Add two similar files as friends in the simulation [message #24810 is a reply to message #24806] Thu, 16 April 2020 11:43 Go to previous message
Viktor Rodin is currently offline  Viktor Rodin
occasional visitor
Dear Tobias,

I made digi file from two simfiles with help of FairMixedSource, as it is shown in event_mix example, to have an event mixing. But the problem is that at the clustering step I am required to have EmcHit information for McTruth and EmcBump splitting and it is done via FairLinks. We ask from digi this hit information but some of them have Fairlinks to the second simfile and cannot get CloneofData because only data from one simfile is available.

Cheers,
Viktor

[Updated on: Thu, 16 April 2020 11:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: FairRoot global name conflicts
Next Topic: [SOLVED] Event filter after simulation phase
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:23:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00827 seconds