GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » How to configure cmake when using the current FairRoot/dev?
How to configure cmake when using the current FairRoot/dev? [message #23892] Tue, 30 April 2019 13:34 Go to next message
Stefan Pflueger is currently offline  Stefan Pflueger
continuous participant
Hi,

we want to use the current FairRoot/dev with Pandaroot. How do we configure the CMakeLists.txt in Pandaroot correctly to import FairRoot and possibly its dependencies? The problem is that Pandaroot requires also Geant3 and Geant4 (possibly more external packages). Before they were imported via find_package. However these modules do not exist anymore.

Thanks

Stefan
Re: How to configure cmake when using the current FairRoot/dev? [message #23893 is a reply to message #23892] Tue, 30 April 2019 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

We decided to modernise the CMake implementation in FairRoot and get rid of the old style self-written FindXXX.cmake packages. So now we rely on the the Cmake configuration delivered by the packages themselves (thus the removal of all these FindGeant3, ... packages).

To use the FairRoot dev branch you will need to adapt your CMakefile.txt and use find_package2 from FairMacros.cmake instead of the standard one from cmake. I will post the instructions about what need to be done or make myself a PR to Pandaroot with the new changes in the near future.

best,

Mohammad
Re: How to configure cmake when using the current FairRoot/dev? [message #23897 is a reply to message #23893] Tue, 30 April 2019 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Mohammad,

I tried to use the find_package2 already, but that did not work for Geant4. Somehow the include directory for the Geant4 headers are not set with the find_package2. But I guess I will wait until this is finished

Best regards,
Stefan
Re: How to configure cmake when using the current FairRoot/dev? [message #23901 is a reply to message #23892] Tue, 30 April 2019 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi Stefan,

This is not FindPackage2, this is a side effect of moving from self written Find_Geant4.cmake to the Geant4Config.cmake which is delivered by Geant4 itself. Please control that the variables names are the same, i.e: the new variables Geant4_INCLUDE_DIRS and in the Old FindGeant4.cmake it was GEANT4_INCLUDE_DIR.

best,

Mohammad
Re: How to configure cmake when using the current FairRoot/dev? [message #23904 is a reply to message #23901] Tue, 30 April 2019 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi,

ok I will try that. Thank you!
Re: How to configure cmake when using the current FairRoot/dev? [message #23913 is a reply to message #23892] Mon, 06 May 2019 13:07 Go to previous message
Roman Klasen is currently offline  Roman Klasen
occasional visitor
To keep track of this I opened an issue on Pandaroots Gitlab here: https://pandaatfair.githost.io/PandaRootGroup/PandaRoot/issues/189

Once the PR is finished, we can close the issue with a reference to the PR.
Previous Topic: Problem installing FairSoft
Next Topic: Force to compile with C++17 standards
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:51:58 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00837 seconds