GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » External Packages » CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file): *** ERROR: g4py could not be created.
CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file): *** ERROR: g4py could not be created. [message #23655] Thu, 21 February 2019 15:40 Go to next message
Peiyong Jiang is currently offline  Peiyong Jiang
occasional visitor
Dear colleagues,

I have a problem with installation of external packages on my PC under Ubuntu.

With version may18 the problem is the next:

----------------------------------------------

Compiling '/home/pjiang/install/fairsoft_may18/transport/geant4/build_g4py/site-mo dules/python/__init__.py'...
[ 71%] Built target test07
[ 73%] Built target test06
[ 74%] Built target test09
[ 75%] Built target test10
[ 76%] Built target test08
[ 76%] Built target g4py_module
[ 76%] Built target test11
[ 78%] Built target test13
[ 78%] Built target test12
[ 82%] Built target gtest01
[100%] Built target pyG4geometry
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "RelWithDebInfo"
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4global.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4interface.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4intercoms.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4run.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4event.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4tracking.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4track.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4geometry.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4materials.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4particles.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4processes.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4digits_hits.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4visualization.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4graphics_reps.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4physicslists.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/G4gdml.so
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/__init__.py
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/colortable.py
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/g4thread.py
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/g4viscp.py
-- Installing: /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib/Geant4/hepunit.py
CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file):
file INSTALL cannot find
" /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft_may18/transport/geant4/build_g4py/source/p ython3/__init__.pyc ".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
source/cmake_install.cmake:58 (include)
cmake_install.cmake:42 (include)

Makefile:128: recipe for target 'install' failed
make: *** [install] Error 1
**** Checking libraries in /home/pjiang/install/fairsoft/lib ****
*** ERROR: g4py could not be created.
*** End installation of external packages with Errors***

--------------------------------------------------------------

What could be the reason? What to do?

Thank you in advance,

Peiyong
Re: CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file): *** ERROR: g4py could not be created. [message #23671 is a reply to message #23655] Mon, 25 February 2019 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
I just downgrade my linux kernel and my gcc version, and the problem is gone.
Re: CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file): *** ERROR: g4py could not be created. [message #23673 is a reply to message #23671] Mon, 25 February 2019 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear Peiyong,

good that the problem is fixed. Could you please specify which kernel and gcc version you have used which failed and which one is working now?

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file): *** ERROR: g4py could not be created. [message #23675 is a reply to message #23673] Tue, 26 February 2019 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
Hi Tobias,
At first I installed it on linux mint 19.1(ubuntu LTS 18.04),I upgraded my system before, and I forgot the specific kernel version. The gcc was about 7.2. Under this situation, there was a folder in ~~/python3/ named __pycache__ inside which there were pairs of files: *.cpython-36.opt-1.pyc and *.cpython-36.pyc. I think these should be *.pyo and *.pyc. So I change the name and put it in the folder ~~/python3/ .It works. My final aim is the installation of PandaRoot, but I was failed there.

Another reason I wanted to downgrade my linux mint is that I met a problem in the installation of Pandaroot. The problem is :
"nvcc fatal:Value 'sm_21' is nor defined for option 'gpu-architecture'." At that time, my nvcc was latest one(I think it is 10) which does not support "sm_21" any more. I just looked up the word 'sm_21' and removed "--gpu-architecture sm_21;" from "(APPEND CUDA_NVCC_FLAGS --gpu-architecture sm_21;-std=c++11;-O2;-DVERBOSE)", and it continued. But finally the PandaRoot was not installed successfully.

Then I made a decision to reinstall my linux mint after I checked the kernel version and gcc version of kronos. I tried linux mint 17.3 (ubuntu LTS 14.04 ?) but it is too old to install the drivers for the new pc. so I changed to linux mint 18.3(ubuntu LTS 16.04). The information:

system: linux mint 18.3
gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.11)
Linux pjiang 4.14.10-041410-generic #201712291810 SMP Fri Dec 29 18:11:20 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2015 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Tue_Aug_11_14:27:32_CDT_2015
Cuda compilation tools, release 7.5, V7.5.17

Under this situation, everything goes FINE until the last step in the installation of PandaRoot. The new problem in the installation of Pandaroot is as follows. And I have totally no idea to solve it. Do you have any recommendation?

-------------------
[ 83%] Building CXX object tracking/SecondariesTracking/CMakeFiles/SecondariesTracking.dir/TrkData/ PndTrkSkewHitList.cxx.o
[ 83%] Building CXX object tracking/SecondariesTracking/CMakeFiles/SecondariesTracking.dir/TrkData/ PndTrkNeighboringMap.cxx.o
[ 83%] Building CXX object tracking/SecondariesTracking/CMakeFiles/SecondariesTracking.dir/TrkSecon dary/PndTrkTrackFinder.cxx.o
[ 83%] Building CXX object tracking/SecondariesTracking/CMakeFiles/SecondariesTracking.dir/TrkSecon dary/PndTrkAddTCA.cxx.o
[ 83%] Building CXX object tracking/SecondariesTracking/CMakeFiles/SecondariesTracking.dir/TrkSecon dary/PndTrkGemCombiTask.cxx.o
[ 83%] Building CXX object tracking/SecondariesTracking/CMakeFiles/SecondariesTracking.dir/G__Secon dariesTrackingDict.cxx.o
[ 83%] Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libSecondariesTracking.so
[ 83%] Built target SecondariesTracking
[ 83%] Building NVCC (Device) object tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.di r/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda_generated_trackletGenerator.cu.o
/usr/include/string.h: In function 'void* __mempcpy_inline(void*, const void*, size_t)':
/usr/include/string.h:652:42: error: 'memcpy' was not declared in this scope
return (char *) memcpy (__dest, __src, __n) + __n;
^
CMake Error at PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda_generated_trackletGenerator.cu.o.Debug.cmake:2 75 (message):
Error generating file
/home/pjiang/pandaroot_18p1/buildPanda/tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/ CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.dir//./PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda_ge nerated_trackletGenerator.cu.o

tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.di r/build.make:280: recipe for target 'tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.d ir/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda_generated_trackletGenerator.cu.o' failed
make[2]: *** [tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.d ir/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda_generated_trackletGenerator.cu.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4014: recipe for target 'tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.d ir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.d ir/all] Error 2
Makefile:140: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
---------------

Many thanks for your reply.
Best,
Peiyong

Re: CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file): *** ERROR: g4py could not be created. [message #23680 is a reply to message #23675] Tue, 26 February 2019 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
For me it seems that you have a problem with the CUDA installation of the PndSttCellTrackFinder.
This part of the code is not realy needed and one could try to just comment the compilation out.

Therefore you have to modify the tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/CMakeLists.txt file.
Comment out lines 35,36,37 (adding the CUDA directory to the build process) and
line 97.

I cannot check this patch because I do not have a NVIDIA graphics card in my system, but I hope that it works.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file): *** ERROR: g4py could not be created. [message #23683 is a reply to message #23680] Tue, 26 February 2019 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
Hi Tobias,
It means that if I block the nvidia card from BOIS, then cmake ../ to get a new makefile, the problem would be avoided?
I will try, and I will leave a message here to you for explaining the progress regardless of whether I am successful or not.
Best,
Peiyong
Re: CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file): *** ERROR: g4py could not be created. [message #23690 is a reply to message #23680] Tue, 26 February 2019 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
Hi Tobias,
I would like to let you know that I am successful to install PandaRoot on linux mint 18.3.
I did not block the NVIDIA card from the bois. I just remove cuda to let the pandaroot not find the cuda and gpu. I did it before but I was failed. The right steps are : 1. remove cuda. 2. remove buildPanda folder and mkdir buildPanda then cd buildPanda 3. cmake ../ 4. make (I did try "make -j4".) The reason I was failed before is that I did not item 2.
And It seems that it may be successful to install on linux mint 19.1(latest linux mint.)
Thank you again!
Best,
Peiyong
Re: CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file): *** ERROR: g4py could not be created. [message #23693 is a reply to message #23683] Tue, 26 February 2019 17:39 Go to previous message
first-grade participant
You do not have to block the card in the BIOS. It is sufficient to comment it out in the CMAKE.

Cheers,

Tobias
Previous Topic: problems with installation of external packages
Next Topic: compiling fairsoft in ubuntu 18.04.02
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:01:50 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01407 seconds