GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » External Packages » problems with installation of external packages
problems with installation of external packages [message #22900] Thu, 06 September 2018 12:53 Go to next message
Anna Skachkova is currently offline  Anna Skachkova
continuous participant

Dear colleagues,

I have a problem with installation of external packages on my PC under Ubuntu.

With version may16p1 the problems are the next:

ath/mathcore/CMakeFiles/MathCore.dir/build.make:361: runtime error prescription for the purpose «math/mathcore/CMakeFiles/MathCore.dir/src/mixmax.cxx.o»
make[2]: *** [math/mathcore/CMakeFiles/MathCore.dir/src/mixmax.cxx.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:12664: runtime error prescription for the purpose «math/mathcore/CMakeFiles/MathCore.dir/all»
make[1]: *** [math/mathcore/CMakeFiles/MathCore.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:149: runtime error prescription for the purpose «all»
make: *** [all] Error 2
**** Checking libraries in /home/anna/WORK/PandaRoot/buildFairSoft_may16p1/lib ****
*** ERROR: root could not be created.
create a symbolic linking for Vc library ....
libVc.a not found in lib dirctory
*** End installation of external packages with Errors***

With the version oct17 the problems are:

[ 52%] Building CXX object core/rootcling_stage1/CMakeFiles/rootcling_stage1.dir/src/rootcling_stag e1.cxx.o
[ 52%] Linking CXX executable src/rootcling_stage1
collect2: fatal error: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]
compilation terminated.
core/rootcling_stage1/CMakeFiles/rootcling_stage1.dir/build.make:210: runtime error prescription for the purpose «core/rootcling_stage1/src/rootcling_stage1»
make[2]: *** [core/rootcling_stage1/src/rootcling_stage1] Error 1
make[2]: *** Removed file «core/rootcling_stage1/src/rootcling_stage1»
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:17556: runtime error prescription for the purpose «core/rootcling_stage1/CMakeFiles/rootcling_stage1.dir/all»
make[1]: *** [core/rootcling_stage1/CMakeFiles/rootcling_stage1.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:151: runtime error prescription for the purpose «all»
make: *** [all] Error 2
**** Checking libraries in /home/anna/WORK/PandaRoot/fairsoft_oct17/buildFairSoft/lib ****
*** ERROR: root could not be created.
create a symbolic linking for Vc library ....
libVc.a not found in lib dirctory
*** End installation of external packages with Errors***

What could be the reason? What to do?

Thank you in advance,
Anna
Re: problems with installation of external packages [message #22904 is a reply to message #22900] Thu, 06 September 2018 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear Anna,

this is pretty strange, because some Ubuntu installations where both packages are running.

In both cases root seems to be the problem but unfortunately the debug output either is not complete or does not tell me anything.
I just stumbled about the line "collect2: fatal error: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]"

This looks like a user intervention into the build process.
Could you try to run the installation of oct17 again or maybe even use the latest version may18.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: problems with installation of external packages [message #22907 is a reply to message #22904] Thu, 06 September 2018 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Thank you, Tobias.

I tried twice with the version may16. The result was exactly the same.
Concеrning the version oct17 I suspect that "intervention" may be caused by the lack of RAM memory. Could it be? Seems PC hanged on close to this point...
Could you give me the hint how to get version 18? Is the procedure the same - git clone https://github.com/FairRootGroup/FairSoft fairsoft_may18?

Cheers,
Anna
Re: problems with installation of external packages [message #22909 is a reply to message #22907] Thu, 06 September 2018 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Hi Anna,

the command is: git clone https://github.com/FairRootGroup/FairSoft may18.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: problems with installation of external packages [message #22926 is a reply to message #22909] Wed, 12 September 2018 10:56 Go to previous message
continuous participant

Hi, Tobias.

I succeeded with installation of the versions may18 and oct17 after inserting the additional 8Gb of RAM. Thank you for a hint!
There are still problems with may16 version. But, probably, it doesn't matter already.

Best regards,
Anna
Previous Topic: installing FairSoft without graphic libraries
Next Topic: CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file): *** ERROR: g4py could not be created.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:22:32 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01048 seconds