GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Problems while installing Fairsoft (fairsoft, errors)
icon5.gif  Problems while installing Fairsoft [message #22805] Mon, 16 July 2018 18:32 Go to next message
Alex Olar is currently offline  Alex Olar
occasional visitor
I've been trying to install Fairsoft and Fairroot and PANDAroot for a while now and I've been getting different types of errors during the process at different stages of the process. On my home PC I have successfully installed the first software, but my main computer consistently gets the included error log. I installed the dependencies beforehand. I have tried to reinstall it several times and failed. I am using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Thank you in advance.

Regards, Alex Olar

Re: Problems while installing Fairsoft [message #22810 is a reply to message #22805] Tue, 17 July 2018 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear Alex,
the problem seems to be connect with the python bindings of root. I would suggest that you try to install FairSoft without python.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: Problems while installing Fairsoft [message #22815 is a reply to message #22810] Tue, 17 July 2018 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Olar is currently offline  Alex Olar
occasional visitor
Thank you for your quick reply. It seems so, although I am installing the software without the Python bindings. I am not sure how to do it otherwise since I am choosing the options recommended on the wiki site after running the configure script.
Re: Problems while installing Fairsoft [message #22816 is a reply to message #22815] Tue, 17 July 2018 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear Alex,

I would suggest that you contact the developers of FairSoft and write your installation problem to them: https://forum.gsi.de/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=200&rid=989

Usually they reply quite fast (if they are not in vacation).

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: Problems while installing Fairsoft [message #22817 is a reply to message #22805] Tue, 17 July 2018 12:37 Go to previous message
Dmytro Kresan is currently offline  Dmytro Kresan
first-grade participant
Hi Alex,

it looks like the newer version of python interpreter is installed on your system. Do you have python, which is installed in a non-standard path?

Best regards,
Dima
Previous Topic: Problems with pthread in FairRoot
Next Topic: Logger.h ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:21:01 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00920 seconds