GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Monte Carlo Engines » gphysi.dat (gphysi.dat Output with GEANT4)
gphysi.dat [message #22776] Mon, 09 July 2018 14:45 Go to next message
Markus Moritz is currently offline  Markus Moritz
occasional visitor
I have a very basic question. What is the gphysi.dat file telling me?
As i understand, it is some kind of log file of a GEANT3 simulation.
I am wondering about this, because after a (hopefully) GEANT4 simulation it is created as well. Inside it is written somewhere "IPAIR= 0.".
This would mean pair production switched off. Sad
Re: gphysi.dat [message #22777 is a reply to message #22776] Mon, 09 July 2018 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

The gphysi.dat is providing the Geant3 parameters which were used in the simulation, then IPAIR=0 means there it no pair production,
BUT
you are using geant4 simulation, which does not produce any .dat file. In your case, for reconstruction you use geane for track extrapolation (genfit, pid package), which is a sort of geant3 simulation which has only the electromagnetic part to consider energy loss, no pair production, no decays, no hadronic interaction and so on. This is what you are reading in the .dat file, most probably a Geane constructor is called and the .dat file is created.
Try to do a short geant3 simulation and check if the parameters are changed, they should be. Then, the final answer is: all those zeros are correct.
How they are set? Check gconfig folder. SetCuts.C shows the default parameters for simulation, Geane.C are the parameters for Geane. You can edit them without need of recompilation, but afterwards set them at the original values, if not your sim will be screwed.
Re: gphysi.dat [message #22782 is a reply to message #22777] Tue, 10 July 2018 11:11 Go to previous message
Markus Moritz is currently offline  Markus Moritz
occasional visitor
Hello Stefano,

if i run a GEANT4 or GEANT3 simulation within PANDARoot dec17p2b out of box via using:

void my_sim(.......SimEngine= 'TGeant4')
or
void my_sim(.......SimEngine= 'TGeant3')

a new gphysi.dat will always be written.

What changes is only the date/time statement in the header of that file.

The SetCuts.C file looks fine for me:

gMC->SetProcess("PAIR",1);

This brings me to the conclusion to ignore the gphysi.dat file. Rolling Eyes
Previous Topic: NIEL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:57:47 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01092 seconds