GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Logger.h ?
Logger.h ? [message #22759] Sat, 30 June 2018 15:56 Go to next message
Yassid is currently offline  Yassid
occasional visitor
Hi

I cannot compile my framework (ATTPCROOTv2) using the lastest FairRoot version (v18.0.0)

fair_install/FairRootInst/include/FairLogger.h:18:31: fatal error: fairlogger/Logger.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

That header is not included in any of the previous versions/tags.

Cheers
Yassid
Re: Logger.h ? [message #22762 is a reply to message #22759] Mon, 02 July 2018 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Yassid,

I assume you report about problems with our latest release v18.0.0.
With this release two parts have been moved from FairRoot into separate projects. This is FairMQ and also FairLogger. Both packages can be found at our GitHub project pages at https://github.com/FairRootGroup/.

Both packages are automatically build when using the latest FAirSoft version may18. I assume that you tried to use the latest FairRoot release with a previous FairSoft release. This will not work and you should use also the latest FairSoft release.

Tested and verified combinations are

FairRoot v18.0.0 and FairSoft may18
FairRoot v-17.10c and FairSoft oct17p1

Since, at leat, I am unaware of your project using FairRoot could you give us a little bit more information about the project. We are always interested to learn something about projects using FairRoot.

Best regards

Florian
Re: Logger.h ? [message #22766 is a reply to message #22759] Tue, 03 July 2018 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yassid is currently offline  Yassid
occasional visitor
Hi Florian

Thank you very much for the answer. Indeed, I had problems with the latest FairSoft release. I will test those combinations as soon as possible.

The project we are building is called ATTPCROOTv2 (https://github.com/ATTPC/ATTPCROOTv2) and it is a general framework for simulation and analysis of active target experiments at low-energy. It contains a collection of libraries for pattern recognition and tracking, as well as many generators for low-energy nuclear physics. The framework was created within the AT-TPC collaboration at the NSCL.

Cheers
Yassid
Re: Logger.h ? [message #22772 is a reply to message #22766] Tue, 03 July 2018 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Yassid,

Quote:

Thank you very much for the answer. Indeed, I had problems with the latest FairSoft release. I will test those combinations as soon as possible.

Please let us know when you encounter any problems.

Quote:

The project we are building is called ATTPCROOTv2 (https://github.com/ATTPC/ATTPCROOTv2) and it is a general framework for simulation and analysis of active target experiments at low-energy. It contains a collection of libraries for pattern recognition and tracking, as well as many generators for low-energy nuclear physics. The framework was created within the AT-TPC collaboration at the NSCL.

Thanks for the information. I will have a look at github page to learn more.

Ciao

Florian
Re: Logger.h ? [message #22830 is a reply to message #22772] Mon, 30 July 2018 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hector Alvarez Pol is currently offline  Hector Alvarez Pol
occasional visitor
Hi,
I can confirm the problem using FairRoot v18.0.0 (aea0710) and FairSoft may18 (5d4a3a9).

In file included from /Users/hapol/CODES/ATTPCROOTv2/ATTPCROOTv2/AtData/AtStack.cxx:16:
In file included from /Users/hapol/CODES/FAIRROOT/install_jul18/include/FairDetector.h:11:
In file included from /Users/hapol/CODES/FAIRROOT/install_jul18/include/FairModule.h:17:
/Users/hapol/CODES/FAIRROOT/install_jul18/include/FairLogger.h:18:10: fatal error: 'fairlogger/Logger.h' file not found
#include <fairlogger/Logger.h>

I can compile other projects based on FAIRRoot (R3BRoot, for instance) using the same FairRoot/FairSoft versions, and with no
error regarding the fairlogger/Logger.h header file. I could not identify any relevant difference in the
CMakeLists.txt that explains the problem.

Could you please give us a hint about this problem?

Thank you very much in advance.
Re: Logger.h ? [message #22841 is a reply to message #22830] Wed, 01 August 2018 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Hector,

with the newest version of FairRoot the FairMQ code and also the FairLogger code was put into separate projects. In my opinion the problem is that you miss the include directory which contain the file Logger.h. Probably $SIMPATH/include is missing.

Could you add the CMakeLists.txt of the library where the compilation fails, such that I can have a look.

Ciao

Florian
Re: Logger.h ? [message #22844 is a reply to message #22841] Wed, 01 August 2018 11:58 Go to previous message
Hector Alvarez Pol is currently offline  Hector Alvarez Pol
occasional visitor
Hi Florian,

please, find the CMakeLists.txt file in the attachment.
$SIMPATH and $FAIRROOTPATH are exported previously as usual.
I could not find any difference in the CMakeLists.txt file with respect to others working (R3BRoot, for instance) regarding this error.

Thank you very much for the support.
Best regards,
Previous Topic: Problems while installing Fairsoft
Next Topic: Building a minimal FairMQ service in Docker with static executables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:10:53 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00836 seconds