GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Installing dec17 with svn and git
Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22214] Thu, 15 February 2018 12:14 Go to next message
Walter Ikegami Andersson is currently offline  Walter Ikegami Andersson
occasional visitor
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install pandaroot release dec17 both with the new installation method with git and in the old way with svn. I am using fairsoft_oct17p1 and FairRoot-17.10b.

First of all, on the computing wiki installation page, should one actually use fairsoft_may16p1 when installing the release? Or should it be fairsoft_oct17?

Second, when I try to compile with make, I get the following error:
CMake Error at /data/buildFairRoot-17.10b/share/fairbase/cmake/modules/GenerateVersionInfo.cmake:32 (include):
  include could not find load file:

/home/walan603/workspace/builddec17svn/FairRootConfigVersion.cmake

make[2]: *** [svnheader] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/svnheader.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

If I copy the FairRootConfigVersion.cmake file from the FairRoot build folder to the pandaroot build folder, then it compiles. But this feels kind of sketchy...

Third, when I try to install pandaroot by checking out the project from git, I see that the pandaroot/external/vc is empty (if I checkout from svn, this folder is filled with stuff). Running cmake ../pandaroot gives following error:

CMake Error at /data/fairsoft_oct17p1/buildFairSoft/share/cmake-3.9/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:2010 (message):
  No download info given for 'vc' and its source directory:

/home/walan603/workspace/dec17git/external/vc

is not an existing non-empty directory.  Please specify one of:

* SOURCE_DIR with an existing non-empty directory
   * URL
   * GIT_REPOSITORY
   * HG_REPOSITORY
   * CVS_REPOSITORY and CVS_MODULE
   * SVN_REVISION
   * DOWNLOAD_COMMAND
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /data/fairsoft_oct17p1/buildFairSoft/share/cmake-3.9/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:2565 (_ep_add_download_command)
  external/CMakeLists.txt:13 (ExternalProject_Add)

How do I proceed?

Walter
Re: Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22216 is a reply to message #22214] Thu, 15 February 2018 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi Walter,

Issue1:
This is strange. The only obvious thing I can think of is a bad SIMPATH or FAIRROOTPATH setting.

Issue2:
It is on purpose that externals/vc is empty on git, because we want to download it from the original source. I applied a hotfix to the master branch some days ago. Did you clone recently or before the hotfix?

Cheers!
Ralf
Re: Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22217 is a reply to message #22214] Thu, 15 February 2018 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi Walter,

Florian contacted me and I have put a hotfix to the master and dev branches to solve issue 1. Please rebase.

Cheers!
Ralf
Re: Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22219 is a reply to message #22214] Thu, 15 February 2018 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
Hello Ralf,

thanks for the quick reply. I cloned pandaroot two days ago. Now, with the hotfixes in the master and dev branches, pandaroot master compiles.

But what about the dec17 tag? I don't see the hotfixes in the dec17 tag and if I git checkout -b dec17 dec17 and then compile, I still have the same issue as before. If I checkout pandaroot master, compile it, then git checkout dec17, then the dec17 compiles since the external/vc files were downloaded during the compilation of master and switching to dec17 does not remove those files.

Should the hotfixes be implemented into the dec17 tag as well?

Cheers,
Walter
Re: Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22220 is a reply to message #22214] Thu, 15 February 2018 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
I forgot to mention, the first issue occurred when I tried to compile the dec17 release from svn...

And is it fairsoft_oct17p1 that should be used for pandaroot dec17 release? And not may16p1 as suggested in the computing wiki?

Cheers,
Walter
Re: Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22222 is a reply to message #22214] Thu, 15 February 2018 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Ok,

I made the tag dec17p1 for the updated master.

We found some discrepancies between root 6.08 and 6.10, hence we still recommend may16p1 for simulation/reconstruction. When we get the fix on root available, the recommendation will change.
Please simulate with may16p1!

Cheers!
Ralf
Re: Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22223 is a reply to message #22214] Thu, 15 February 2018 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
Hello Ralf,

thank you for the new dec17p1 tag!

Just to point out, fairsoft_may16p1 comes with cmake version 3.3.2, and FairRoot_v17.10b requires cmake version 3.9.4.

Cheers,
Walter
Re: Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22421 is a reply to message #22223] Mon, 09 April 2018 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Moritz is currently offline  Markus Moritz
occasional visitor
I have the same problem with installing PANDARoot.

How can i get the dec17p1 version?

SVN tells me:
URL 'https://subversion.gsi.de/fairroot/pandaroot/release/dec17p1' doesn't exist

Git says to me:
'The requested URL returned error: 401 Unauthorized while accessing https://pandaatfair.githost.io/PandaRootGroup/PandaRoot.git/info/refs'

Confused
Re: Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22426 is a reply to message #22421] Mon, 09 April 2018 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Hallo Markus,

der Grund weshalb es im SVN nicht geht ist einfach. Dort gibt es dieses Release nicht.

Für den Download from GIT-Repository brauchst Du einen Account auf pandaatfair, den Du bis eben noch nicht hattest.
Lies dir bitte die Anleitung über die Verwendung von git auf der PandaRoot-wiki-Seite durch.

Liebe Grüße

Tobias
Re: Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22435 is a reply to message #22426] Tue, 10 April 2018 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
git clone https://pandaatfair.githost.io/PandaRootGroup/PandaRoot.git ./pandaroot

git checkout -b dec17p1 dec17p1 liefert mir nun:

"fatal: 'dec17p1' is not a commit and a branch 'dec17p1' cannot be created from it"

Re: Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22438 is a reply to message #22435] Tue, 10 April 2018 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Try to use

git checkout -b tags/dec17p1 dec17p1

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22440 is a reply to message #22214] Tue, 10 April 2018 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
Hi Tobias,

unfortunately same error here.

fatal: 'dec17p1' is not a commit and a branch 'tags/dec17p1' cannot be created from it

Any further recommendations?

See you
Markus
Re: Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22443 is a reply to message #22440] Tue, 10 April 2018 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Very strage. I tested it and for me it works smoothly.

Try to run

git fetch --tags

Cheers,

Tobias
SOLVED Installing dec17 with svn and git [message #22452 is a reply to message #22440] Wed, 11 April 2018 09:29 Go to previous message
first-grade participant
The problem was, that git was called in the wrong directory.
You have to change into the PandaRoot directory and call git within that directory.
Previous Topic: Install PandaRoot dec17 on Kronos
Next Topic: Fresh installation, test fails at reco_complete.c
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:53:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01004 seconds