GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » Geant Information
Geant Information [message #22152] Tue, 06 February 2018 15:53 Go to next message
Iman Keshk is currently offline  Iman Keshk
occasional visitor
Hi all,

I am still a beginner at PandaRoot. How can I get access to geant information from the generated monte carlo truth candidates (Like start and stop vertices)?

I hope you can help me out.

Best Regards,
Iman
Re: Geant Information [message #22178 is a reply to message #22152] Sat, 10 February 2018 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hello Iman,

You will find McTrack objects in the TClonesArrays of your simulation. However, the detailed results of the stepping in GEANT are not stored. Each detector creates some form of "Point", which often contains the two places where the track entered & departed the sensitive volume as well as the momentum.

I hope this helps.
Ralf
Re: Geant Information [message #22209 is a reply to message #22178] Thu, 15 February 2018 09:37 Go to previous message
Iman Keshk is currently offline  Iman Keshk
occasional visitor
Hi Ralf,

The thing is, that I can not reconstruct kaons with a momentum below 200 MeV, so I wanted to take a look a the stop vertices of the generated monte carlo truth track, to see where my kaons go. I found start vertices in the MCTrack objects but unfortunately no stop vertices. What do you mean by "often"? Are there any requirements for the creation of such a "Point"? And can I get information about what is happening in the beam pipe, because these "Points" are just created by detectors.

Thank your for your help.
Iman
Previous Topic: Negative lambda masses after VtxFit
Next Topic: MC-truth match in a 7-photon final state
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:45:20 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00785 seconds