GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » PandaRoot on GIT
PandaRoot on GIT [message #21984] Mon, 18 December 2017 16:59 Go to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear PandaRooters,

I am happy to announce that the Panda repository is now available on git: http://pandaatfair.githost.io
You need to have an account if you want to work on the repository. Contact me if you do not have one.

If you want to develop new code for PandaRoot please follow the workflow set up by Anar for FairRoot: https://github.com/AnarManafov/GitWorkflow/blob/master/GitWorkflow.markd own

A detailed description and the integration of the constanct integration tests will follow in the next days.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: PandaRoot on GIT [message #21988 is a reply to message #21984] Tue, 19 December 2017 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Pflueger is currently offline  Stefan Pflueger
continuous participant
Hi Tobias,

nice! I just tried it out, but my Root6 does not have VC support and the git version of pandaroot does not seem to have the externals/vc anymore (that folder is empty). Hence the building fails. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Stefan
Re: PandaRoot on GIT [message #21990 is a reply to message #21988] Tue, 19 December 2017 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Dear Stefan,

the solved the problem in the dev branch. vc is now automatically downloaded if it is not availabel in root.
You have to call make twice because it will finish with an error on the first run.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: PandaRoot on GIT [message #21996 is a reply to message #21990] Wed, 20 December 2017 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Tobias,

hmm ok I tried it with the dev branch, but with the same result. I get this error
Quote:

CMake Error at /cvmfs/cluster/tools/cmake/3.5.0/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/ExternalProject .cmake:1915 (message):
No download info given for 'vc' and its source directory:

/home/pflueger/PandaRoot/external/vc

is not an existing non-empty directory. Please specify one of:

* SOURCE_DIR with an existing non-empty directory
* URL
* GIT_REPOSITORY
* HG_REPOSITORY
* CVS_REPOSITORY and CVS_MODULE
* SVN_REVISION
* DOWNLOAD_COMMAND
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/cvmfs/cluster/tools/cmake/3.5.0/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/ExternalProject .cmake:2459 (_ep_add_download_command)
external/CMakeLists.txt:13 (ExternalProject_Add)

The CMakesLists.txt in the externals/ directory just points to the externals/vc subdirectory in the Pandaroot source, which is empty.

Cheers,
Stefan
Re: PandaRoot on GIT [message #21998 is a reply to message #21996] Wed, 20 December 2017 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Stefan,

can you look into the CMakeLists.txt file in ./external . Does it contain in line 17 "GIT_REPOSITORY https://github.com/VcDevel/Vc.git"?

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: PandaRoot on GIT [message #21999 is a reply to message #21998] Wed, 20 December 2017 12:01 Go to previous message
continuous participant
Hi Tobias,

ahh. I saw I wasn't on the HEAD of the dev branch... Sorry, my bad. Seems to work now

Cheers,
Stefan
Previous Topic: Implementing Software Alignment into PandaROOT
Next Topic: Nvidia restricts use of GPUs in data centers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:47:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00812 seconds