GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » PID selection
PID selection [message #21760] Fri, 10 November 2017 11:17 Go to next message
Jennifer Pütz is currently offline  Jennifer Pütz
continuous participant
Hi all,

I am working on a comparison for ideal and realistic PID with a small sample of DPM events. I observed that the reconstruction efficiencies are the same for ideal PID and the PID selection criterion „ALL" (see attached file), which is strange to me. I also checked the other criteria and they seem to work fine.

Has anyone of you an idea what causes this equality? If I am not wrong in my understanding of the selection criteria, „ALL" and ideal should not be equal, right?

Cheers
Jenny

PS.: I use on my machine:

FairRoot: v17-03
FairSoft: may16p1
PandaRoot trunk rev.: 30202
Re: PID selection [message #21761 is a reply to message #21760] Fri, 10 November 2017 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi Jennifer,

Ideal only selects the ideal PID values. I.e. the right particle will have values of "1" and the rest "0". You would have to specify at least "Loose", too in order (to cut above 0.2). The default is "VeryLoose" which ist no cut at all.

Cheers!
Ralf
Re: PID selection [message #21778 is a reply to message #21760] Tue, 14 November 2017 10:30 Go to previous message
Jennifer Pütz is currently offline  Jennifer Pütz
continuous participant
Hi Ralf,

thank you for your answer. Up to know, I though the selection criteria are not affecting the selection for ideal PID. But this could of course not be true for "ALL".

Cheers,

Jenny
Previous Topic: Problems with simulation on kronos
Next Topic: [Inconsistency?] ROOT 6.06 vs. 6.10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 16:01:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00936 seconds