GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » SDS digitization - new offset functionality
SDS digitization - new offset functionality [message #21725] Tue, 07 November 2017 15:19 Go to next message
Stefan Pflueger is currently offline  Stefan Pflueger
continuous participant
Hello,

I want to add some new functionality in the SDS digitization classes. This new functionality is to introduce an offset in x and y for the active part of a sensor, so that the first pixel does not necessarily have to start at the edge of the TGeoVolume.

Also another question: I stumbled on the two SDS classes with do this PndSdsCalcPixel and PndSdsCalcPixelDif. It looks like a lot of overhead in these two classes. Can I merge these two, or do we even need them both?

Best regards,
Stefan
Re: SDS digitization - new offset functionality [message #21735 is a reply to message #21725] Wed, 08 November 2017 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Hi Stefan,

in the MVD we introduced the inactive part by a dedicated silicon layer around the active part.
I have nothing against your idea to introduce two additionl parameters to define the offset in x- and y-direction but make sure that the default of these parameters is set to 0.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: SDS digitization - new offset functionality [message #21740 is a reply to message #21735] Wed, 08 November 2017 13:00 Go to previous message
Stefan Pflueger is currently offline  Stefan Pflueger
continuous participant
Hi Tobias,

ok then we will also do it the way you described, creating an active and passive geometry part. Thanks

Cheers,
Stefan
Previous Topic: Ideal Pattern Recognition
Next Topic: STTHit timestamps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:37:08 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01115 seconds