GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » fails to install PandaRoot on Kronos
fails to install PandaRoot on Kronos [message #21563] Thu, 28 September 2017 11:52 Go to next message
zeeking is currently offline  zeeking
occasional visitor
Hi, all,

These days I try to install PandaRoot release feb17 on Kronos, with the FairSoft may16_root5 & FairRoot v-16.06b_fairsoft-may16_root5
installed under /cvmfs/fairroot.gsi.de/

I find I can't install PandaRoot successfully. The error is simplly I can't do the "make" command.

Then I try to install FairSoft by myself, and I also fails with the following error. Does anyone can help?

**** Checking libraries in /u/zliu/nyx/fairsoft_may16_root5/buildFairSoft/lib ****
*** Geant3 compiled successfully ***
*** Downloading vgm sources with subversion***
svn: E000111: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://svn.code.sf.net/p/vgm/code/tags/v4-3'
svn: E000111: Error running context: Connection refused
*** Compiling VGM ................
scripts/install_vgm.sh: line 29: cd: /u/zliu/nyx/fairsoft_may16_root5/transport/vgm: No such file or directory
CMake Error: The source directory "/u/zliu/nyx/fairsoft_may16_root5/transport" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
make: *** No rule to make target 'install'. Stop.
*** ERROR: VGM could not be created.
**** Checking libraries in /u/zliu/nyx/fairsoft_may16_root5/buildFairSoft/lib ****
*** End installation of external packages with Errors***

[Updated on: Thu, 28 September 2017 11:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: fails to install PandaRoot on Kronos [message #21564 is a reply to message #21563] Thu, 28 September 2017 12:55 Go to previous message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
The problem is that sourceforge is down. Therefore the sever to get vgm (and others) is not reachable.
Unfortunately we cannot do anything against it.

Cheers,

Tobias
Previous Topic: Installing panda trunk on MAC OSX 10.11.5
Next Topic: fails to launch an analysis task in Kronos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:37:17 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00871 seconds