GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Ideal Pattern Recognition
Ideal Pattern Recognition [message #21047] Mon, 22 May 2017 16:15 Go to next message
NazilaDivani is currently offline  NazilaDivani
occasional visitor
Dear all

As I understood "PndBarrelTrackFinder" is one of the Realistic pattern recognition for track finding class in the PandaRoot which is useful for the GEM. Is there any possibility to use it as the Idealistic pattern recognition too?
I mean like "PndSttMvdGemTracking" class for the realistic pattern recognition and "PndSttMvdGemTrackingIdeal" class for Idealistic pattern recognition. May somebody guide me?
Thanks in advance,
Nazila
Re: Ideal Pattern Recognition [message #21050 is a reply to message #21047] Mon, 22 May 2017 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Radoslaw Karabowicz is currently offline  Radoslaw Karabowicz
continuous participant
The ideal pattern recognition is ideal. In the sense that PndSttMvdGemTracking and PndSttMvdGemTrackingIdeal share no code to find tracks.
The PndSttMvdGemTrackingIdeal task is creating ideal tracks from the Stt,Mvd,Gem hits taking into account MC information.

Since PndBarrelTrackFinder finds tracks in same set of detectors, the "PndBarrelTrackFinderIdeal" would virutally be exactly the same as
PndSttMvdGemTrackingIdeal, hence there's no need to implement it.

Re: Ideal Pattern Recognition [message #21051 is a reply to message #21050] Mon, 22 May 2017 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
OK, I got it, Thank you so much
Re: Ideal Pattern Recognition [message #21057 is a reply to message #21050] Mon, 22 May 2017 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
In the mean time we have an official ideal track finder called PndIdealTrackFinder which should be used. It is able to find tracks in all different sub-detectors.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: Ideal Pattern Recognition [message #21061 is a reply to message #21057] Mon, 22 May 2017 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
OK, Thank you so much,
Re: Ideal Pattern Recognition [message #21063 is a reply to message #21061] Mon, 22 May 2017 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

The PndBarrelTrackFinder seems to have better performances in the GEM region, but it was never tested with large simulations such as in the case of the PndSttMvdGemTracking. In this sense, if you would like to do a complete characterization, it would be good I suppose.
Re: Ideal Pattern Recognition [message #21067 is a reply to message #21063] Mon, 22 May 2017 16:53 Go to previous message
occasional visitor
Dear Stefano,
Thanks for your comment. As you know, I have shown the good influence of the GEM when I have used PndBarrelTrackFinder. By using PndSttMvdGemTracking the contribution of the GEM is small. Now, I want to check it as the Idealistic pattern recognition in Lambda-Lambdabar channel too.
Best Regards.
Nazila

[Updated on: Mon, 22 May 2017 16:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Restructuring Tracking Code
Next Topic: SDS digitization - new offset functionality
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:38:57 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01109 seconds