GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Dirc geometry - current version?
Dirc geometry - current version? [message #20521] Tue, 14 March 2017 14:26 Go to next message
Dominik Steinschaden is currently offline  Dominik Steinschaden
continuous participant
Hi all,

I'm currently studying the pattern of hits and signals of the tracking detectors and the SciTil for specific channels.

The results I get for the SciTil are very different depending on which simulation macro type I'm using (Master macros, or old/standard macros)(I lose up to 50% of the signal in the SciTil)
The reason seems to be the used geometry file for the DIRC detector which is different for the master macros and the macros in den macro/run folder.

which on is now the right one to use?

dirc_e3_b3_l6_m40.root (master macros)

oder

dirc_l0_p0_updated.root (macro/run)

cheers Dominik
Re: Dirc geometry - current version? [message #20525 is a reply to message #20521] Tue, 14 March 2017 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

The "master" version has the latest drc updates which were communicated to me about 6 months ago (@29475), while since the macro/run macros are not the standard anymore they were not updated.
I don't know if there are more recent drc versions which have to be used.
Re: Dirc geometry - current version? [message #20660 is a reply to message #20521] Tue, 21 March 2017 14:40 Go to previous message
Dominik Steinschaden is currently offline  Dominik Steinschaden
continuous participant
Currently I'm trying to get my macros up to date. now I realised that in the Master macros different are geometries used for the Dirc Detector, depending on if someone wants to simulate the "day1" setup or the full Panda Setup.

Is this on purpose? or just by mistake that not all geometry setups where updated to the last version?

I'm just a little confused and want to be sure now Wink

regards Dominik
Previous Topic: classes for T0 Candidate algorithm implemented
Next Topic: How to write Macros with newest trunk code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 12:57:23 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01159 seconds