GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » General Discussions » CALIFA-SiTracker-GLAD geometry conflict
CALIFA-SiTracker-GLAD geometry conflict [message #20496] Wed, 08 March 2017 16:26 Go to next message
Anna Corsi is currently offline  Anna Corsi
occasional visitor
Hello,

I find a conflict of geometry among the following detectors, as in attached picture.
detGeo.Add(new TObjString("GLAD"), new TObjString("glad_v13b.geo.root"));
detGeo.Add(new TObjString("CALIFA"), new TObjString("califa_17_v8.11_cc0.2.geo.root"));
detGeo.Add(new TObjString("STaRTrack"), new TObjString("startra_v16-300_2layers.geo.root"));

Could you tell me which detectors should be moved to simulate experiments with setup expected for 2018?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Anna

Re: CALIFA-SiTracker-GLAD geometry conflict [message #20498 is a reply to message #20496] Thu, 09 March 2017 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hector Alvarez Pol is currently offline  Hector Alvarez Pol
occasional visitor
Hi Ana,

last time I was testing the CALIFA position, it was correctly located with respect to the nominal target position.
If this is true, the magnet is misplaced by around half a meter in this geometry file.

For a fast check to determine if CALIFA is correctly centered, you could find where the origin is in your plot or simply visualize a reaction vertex...
the CALIFA barrel should be located as it is in the attached picture (side view).
A displacement of half a meter as it is shown in your pic would mean that the vertex could be located outside the Barrel.

Regards,
  • Attachment: 1211.jpg
    (Size: 742.80KB, Downloaded 214 times)
Re: CALIFA-SiTracker-GLAD geometry conflict [message #20508 is a reply to message #20496] Mon, 13 March 2017 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Heil is currently offline  Michael Heil
occasional visitor
Hello Anna,
here is my view of how to solve this problem: We used to have the target Position at x=0, y=0 and z=0 per Definition. The distance from the target position to the entrance flange of GLAD is 1062 mm. And Califa has also a nominal position relative to the target. If both are at this position there should be now overlap anymore.
Re: CALIFA-SiTracker-GLAD geometry conflict [message #20526 is a reply to message #20508] Tue, 14 March 2017 22:31 Go to previous message
Anna Corsi is currently offline  Anna Corsi
occasional visitor
Dear Hector and Michael,

Thank you for your replies.
In my understanding (see attachement) the GLAD position is such that the entrance flange is rather ~50 cm from the origin (target center), so it should be shifted downstream.
For information, the create_glad_geo file I used originally has DistanceToTarget = 350 (cm).

Best regards,
Anna
Previous Topic: Experimental verification of the Geant4 physics list for S438
Next Topic: Changes to Detector Constructors for Simulations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 12:30:46 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00826 seconds