GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » problems to install FairRootSoft
problems to install FairRootSoft [message #19476] Thu, 25 August 2016 17:54 Go to next message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Dear all,

I am trying to run something in kronos. I started from scratch, meaning that I started to install external packages, then the release jan16 in my assigned area.

Following the web page instructions https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/PandaRootInstallGit #Installing_FairRoot

I arrived at the point to configure nov15p4 tag for the FairSoft package, as indicated. After 2 new attempts, I obtain

this error message:

**** Checking libraries in /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/buildFairSoft/lib ****
*** Geant3 compiled successfully ***
*** Downloading vgm sources with subversion***
svn: E000111: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://svn.code.sf.net/p/vgm/code/tags/v4-3'
svn: E000111: Error running context: Connection refused
*** Compiling VGM ................
scripts/install_vgm.sh: line 29: cd: /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/transport/vgm: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory 'build_cmake': File exists
CMake Error: The source directory "/lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/transport" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
make: *** No rule to make target 'install'. Stop.
*** ERROR: VGM could not be created.
**** Checking libraries in /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/buildFairSoft/lib ****
*** End installation of external packages with Errors***

Can anybody help, please? What happens with vgm? is there a new FairRootSoft tag I should use, maybe? I am trying to work with the new cluster, not on my pc.

I see that the new suggested version of the FairRootSoft is mar15p6. So, which one we should use? nov15p4 or mar15p6 with the release jan16? But just in case, could you please update according the web page for the FairRoot and pandaroot installation? No matter what, I still do not get anything running here....

Regards, Elisabetta
Re: problems to install FairRootSoft [message #19477 is a reply to message #19476] Thu, 25 August 2016 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

svn: E000111: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://svn.code.sf.net/p/vgm/code/tags/v4-3'
svn: E000111: Error running context: Connection refused

it seems you had no connection, or that the vgm repository was down. Try again.
Re: problems to install FairRootSoft [message #19478 is a reply to message #19477] Fri, 26 August 2016 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi,

the problem is that the kronos machines are behind a firewall and no direct svn access is allowed.

If you are using subversion on Kronos for the first time, add at the end of ~/.subversion/servers the following lines

Quote:

http-proxy-host = proxy.gsi.de
http-proxy-port = 3128
http-proxy-exceptions = *.gsi.de

This will set the correct proxy host and don't use a proxy within gsi.

Ciao

Florian
Re: problems to install FairRootSoft [message #19479 is a reply to message #19477] Fri, 26 August 2016 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hello Stefano et al,

I think it is still possible although quite improbable that since May of this year the connection is always lost or the server is down, whenever I try to install a new pandaroot release. Actually it's months I do not manage to have something running....this is weird.

With the suggestion by Florian, the situation is the following:

a) FairSoft. It finally arrives to the end of the installation, but I do not see the message that everything is ok as it is supposed to be, accoring to the web page: ttps://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/PandaRootInstallGit# Installing_PandaRoot

I read now:

make[2]: Leaving directory '/lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/basics/libsodium/build'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/basics/libsodium/build'
*** LibSodium compiled successfully ***
*** Downloading zeromq sources ***
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 9 100 9 0 0 14 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 14
*** Unpacking zeromq-4.1.3.tar.gz ..............
--E-- Cannot unpack package zeromq

What's the problem now with "zeroqm"?

b) FairRoot

When I try to install FairRoot to the suggested revision (v15-11c), indeed I get error as expected (clearly if a) does not happen, also b) does not happen!):

used as include directory in directory /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/FairRoot-15.11c/examples/MQ/ GenericDevices
used as include directory in directory /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/FairRoot-15.11c/examples/MQ/ GenericDevices
ZMQ_LIBRARY_SHARED (ADVANCED)
linked by target "FairMQ" in directory /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/FairRoot-15.11c/fairmq

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also " /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/FairRoot-15.11c/build/CMakeF iles/CMakeOutput.log ".
See also " /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/FairRoot-15.11c/build/CMakeF iles/CMakeError.log ".

I am wondering if there is anybody who installed a pandaroot revision and external packages in kronos, and run successfully jobs.... to me since months it simply does not happen, following instructions at the web page: https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/PandaRootSimulation Kronos

Simply something is missing here...I do not think I am doing something wrong, as I follow line by line the indications. Could you or anyone else please have a look, or try yourself, to reproduce the problem?

Being this, what am I supposed to do to get something installed and compiling in Kronos? every suggestion is more than welcome!!!!

Looking forward to your reply, I thank you in advance

Elisabetta

Re: problems to install FairRootSoft [message #19480 is a reply to message #19479] Fri, 26 August 2016 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi Elisabetta

Kronos is to my understanding not the place to compile the whole Fairsoft. There are several versions pre-installed on the cvmfs. You "just" need to know which variables to set.

In the case you're not aware of it, Klaus documented everything for Kronos on the Wiki:

https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/PandaRootSimulation Kronos

Cheers!
Ralf
Re: problems to install FairRootSoft [message #19481 is a reply to message #19479] Fri, 26 August 2016 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Elisabetta,

the problem is your version of FairSoft nov15p4. As you can see at the release page at https://github.com/FairRootGroup/FairSoft/releases
the latest patch release of nov15 is nov15p6 which fixes the problem with the zeromq download and some other minor problems.

Ciao

Florian
Re: problems to install FairRootSoft [message #19482 is a reply to message #19481] Fri, 26 August 2016 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hello Florian and Ralph,

thank you for your quick answers. So, as well as I understand, I am not allowed to install my own version of FairSoft or FairRoot, in Kronos, but only using those revisions which are already installed under /cvmfs/fairrot.gsi.de. I can just install myself one pandaroot revision of my "taste", and it should work. Am I correct? If yes, then I just set up the following:

SIMPATH = /cvmfs/fairroot.gsi.de/fairsoft/nov15p6_root5/
FAIRROOTPATH = /cvmfs/fairroot.gsi.de/fairroot/v-15.11c_fairsoft-nov15p1_root5/

for the release jan16. Could you please confirm that it is correct?

And now comes the question: I need to finish to run my analysis macro on some dpm old pid files, migrated from prometheus to kronos, generated in the old pandaroot release oct14. Could you please suggest for this old release which version of FairSoft and FairRoot should I set up SIMPATH and FAIRROOTPATH to?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Elisabetta
Re: problems to install FairRootSoft [message #19485 is a reply to message #19482] Fri, 26 August 2016 22:56 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

oct14 was linked to apr13 FairSoft release, with the old installation scheme.
Previous Topic: genfit2 and electrons - problems with Bremsstrahlung formula
Next Topic: New dev suggested version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:20:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01322 seconds