GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Problems with macros
Problems with macros [message #19339] Tue, 21 June 2016 11:06 Go to next message
Jennifer Pütz is currently offline  Jennifer Pütz
continuous participant
Hi everyone,

I updated my machine to

FairSoft: nov15p5
FairRoot: v15-11c
PandaRoot: trunk rev. 29165

I tried to run the simulation with the standard macro macros/run/sim_complete.C. The macro produces a "proper" sim_complete.root file, but the macro doesn't end (I attached a screen shot). I tried several options like run the macro with root -q or adding an exit(0) to the end of the macro, but no option is working. I have to kill the task at the end.
I tried some other macros, but the problem is the same.

Best,
Jenny

index.php?t=getfile&id=8696&private=0
Re: Problems with macros [message #19340 is a reply to message #19339] Tue, 21 June 2016 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Hi Jenny,

I can't observe the problem with rev. 29169, nov15p1 and 15.11a on GSI machines (lxbk). Maybe the macro would still finish later, but it gets stuck in accessing some network resources.

You could try to add a 'return;' statement to the end of the macro, although I don't believe that this helps. I wouldn't recommend the 'exit(0);' since it sometimes breaks the output. You could also try to use the 'supposed to be new standard' macros in macro/master instead, or try on a different machine.

Best,
Klaus
Re: Problems with macros [message #19341 is a reply to message #19340] Tue, 21 June 2016 15:43 Go to previous message
Jennifer Pütz is currently offline  Jennifer Pütz
continuous participant
Hi Klaus,

thank you very much for your quick reply. I checked the suggestions you made, but none of them worked. Finally, I reinstalled everything, and now it works again.

Best,
Jenny
Previous Topic: Seed in /macro/master/sim_complete.C
Next Topic: Bug in writing/processing TClonesArray in timebased sim digitisation stage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:32:15 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00817 seconds